Author Topic: Ambient Weather Beta Test Club  (Read 3772 times)

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
Ambient Weather Beta Test Club
« on: April 04, 2013, 06:24:32 PM »
I was going to post this over here a couple of weeks ago, but then forgot about it. I was reminded this morning when I got an email that an inexpensive indoor/outdoor thermometer/hygrometer was being sent to me for testing. :)

Steve

http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=18568.0
Review our beta products, and you get free weather stuff!

Our requirements are you have an Amazon account, you are knowledgeable about weather gear, and you have written verifiable product reviews on Amazon.

We will then ship you free products. We don?t even charge you shipping. The only caveats are:
The products may not be perfect
There is no warranty
You will not hold us personally responsible for damage or injury.

This is a lottery. There will be only 50 club members at one time. We can add you to our waiting list if the membership is full.

To get started, please visit:

http://www.ambientweather.com/beta.html
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Okay, I'll try! (Re: Ambient Weather Beta Test Club)
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 07:43:53 PM »
Howdy Steve and WeatherCat fans,

I was going to post this over here a couple of weeks ago, but then forgot about it. I was reminded this morning when I got an email that an inexpensive indoor/outdoor thermometer/hygrometer was being sent to me for testing. :)

Golly, I would have expected this would have generated a ton of interest on WXForum, I see there was only one reply.  I went ahead and signed up, but it could be they have their 50 testers by now.  I'll find out when they send their reply email I guess.

Thanks for the posting and do tell us how the indoor/outdoor thermometer works out!!  [bounce]

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
I'm in! (Re: Ambient Weather Beta Test Club)
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 09:32:31 PM »

Wow, that didn't take long.  I got an email not very long ago including me in the beta-test program and I'm also getting one of those indoor/outdoor thermometers to try.

It is only available for folks in the continental 48 states, but if there are some adventurous USofA WeatherCat users who want to get free stuff to review - go ahead and sign up!

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
Re: Okay, I'll try! (Re: Ambient Weather Beta Test Club)
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 10:27:14 PM »
 [spin]

Golly, I would have expected this would have generated a ton of interest on WXForum

I did too. But when I replied to Ed that I had posted over here, he said there were only 20 people that signed up. So give it a go, everyone!

Edouard, if you have another brand wireless thermometer similar to the Ambient, you may get interference according to Ed. If so, just disable it while testing.
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
Hmm, more testing!! (Re: Ambient Weather Beta Test Club)
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 10:05:25 PM »

[spin]

Golly, I would have expected this would have generated a ton of interest on WXForum

I did too. But when I replied to Ed that I had posted over here, he said there were only 20 people that signed up. So give it a go, everyone!

I was wondering if the problem wasn't people signing up, but people not following through with writing thoughtful reviews on Amazon. 

Edouard, if you have another brand wireless thermometer similar to the Ambient, you may get interference according to Ed. If so, just disable it while testing.

Hmmmm, . . . . . very interesting!  It just so happens that we have one from brand-O.S.  Well, seems to me that testing if they do interfere should be part of the review!

Thanks Steve for the info!  [tup]

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
Re: Ambient Weather Beta Test Club
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 10:17:49 PM »
Hi Edouard and Steve
 That's where I got lost I have an Amazon Account but didn't understand what to put in that box
So I haven't heard from them can you give me a hint
cheers
 [cheers1]

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
Need a review on Amazon (Re: Ambient Weather Beta Test Club)
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 10:23:48 PM »
Hi Randall and WeatherCat fans,

That's where I got lost I have an Amazon Account but didn't understand what to put in that box

They want people who have written up a product review on the Amazon website, preferably something that is easily verified as coming from you.  Here is review that I wrote on Amazon 3 years ago that I sent to Ambient Weather as "a reference:"

http://www.amazon.com/review/RXPMXDWKGEHUZ/ref=cm_srch_res_rtr_alt_1

Does that make sense?

Randall75

• Storm
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 10:40:44 PM »
Hi Edouard
 Thanks just figured it out we will see what happens now
thanks
cheers
 [cheers1]

Randall75

• Storm
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2013, 02:48:58 AM »
Hi Steve and Edouard
 If you haven't done a review of a product on Amazon you will not be excepted that's what Ed emailed me
I bought there before but never done a review
cheers
 [cheers1]