WeatherCat > WeatherCat iOS Clients

WeatherCat for the Apple Watch

(1/10) > >>

The Grand Poohbah:
I am pleased to announce that WeatherCat is running on an Apple Watch. Not the real Apple Watch, mind you, but the Apple Watch Simulator.

The Apple Watch works as an extension of a paired iPhone. if you have the new WeatherCat on your iPhone, you can view weather data on your Apple Watch. Your displayed data comes from the first two rows on the iPhone WeatherCat*. The displayed watch weather data is updated in synchrony with the iPhone WeatherCat data even when you are using another app on your iPhone.

It's not pretty yet, but it works. I will have to wait until the Apple Watch is out before submitting the new version of WeatherCat for the iPhone. In the meanwhile, if you purchase an Apple Watch and would like to beta test the new app, send me your email address.

*Savvy iPhone WeatherCat users use the Edit function to arrange the rows in any order.

Blicj11:
Nicely done Grand.

WCDev:
Nice work!

elagache:
Dear Grand, Blick, Stu, and WeatherCat gadget fans, . . . .

--- Quote from: The Grand Poohbah on March 28, 2015, 01:46:48 AM ---I am pleased to announce that WeatherCat is running on an Apple Watch. Not the real Apple Watch, mind you, but the Apple Watch Simulator.
. . . .

--- End quote ---

In a word . . . . KEWL!!!!

I must confess though that isn't the app that is going to get me to rush out and buy an Apple Watch, my old Casio is doing just fine . . . . .  [biggrin]

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Blicj11:

--- Quote from: elagache on March 28, 2015, 11:32:51 PM ---I must confess though that isn't the app that is going to get me to rush out and buy an Apple Watch, my old Casio is doing just fine . . . . . 

--- End quote ---

Are you kidding? Your Casio might track the time, but in no way can it tell you what's up with WeatherCat. I figure you for a $10,000 gold unit as soon as you sort your battery drain issue properly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version