Author Topic: WC Tags for Cloudbase  (Read 8405 times)

mcrossley

• Gale
  • Sorry, I'm not a WeatherCat user!
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 + home brew
WC Tags for Cloudbase
« on: December 07, 2014, 08:53:02 PM »
Is there currently a tag available for the current cloud base value, and another for the unit?

The next version of the SteelSeries gauges includes an optional Cloud Base gauge, it would be nice if WC supported this.
Mark

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
Re: WC Tags for Cloudbase
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 10:17:24 AM »
Hello Marc,

maybe Stu has overread this - but as far as I know there are no tags for current cloud base and corresponding unit available at the moment.

Cheers,
Reinhard
Reinhard

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 06:22:38 PM »
Sorry Mark - missed it the first time.

Reinhard is correct, there are no tags, additionally WeatherCat doesn't keep stats for cloud-base so it isn't just a case of adding some tags.

What kind of data are you looking for?

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 11:41:47 AM »
Hello Stu,

another try on this one: We are provided with a simple graph for Cloud Base so there are possible some values of the cloud base height (e.g. 367 Meters) and the cloud base unit (Meters or Feet). Now that Marc has added a cloud base gauge to his live-gauges (see them in action on this page) it would be nice if WC users could use this gauge, too. Maybe you can put them into a feature request list and build them into a future build.  :)

Cheers,
Reinhard

PS: Marc, I have upgraded to the latest version (2.5.2) of your scripts - thanks for the improvements!
Reinhard

mcrossley

• Gale
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 03:22:00 PM »
Hi Reinhard,

I have spotted a bug in wind direction gauge in the SteelSeries library today. I have just pushed out version 2.5.3 of the gauges to pick up the patched library files. The only file you *need* to change is steelseries_tween.min.js (the source files steelseries.js, and steelseries.min.js have also been updated if you need them).

I see you have spotted my 'altimeter' cloud base gauge - that is non-standard, a 'tweak' for my personal site.  ;D
The standard gauge is a radial pointer gauge like most of the others. If enough people shout for it, I may make put the altimeter into the standard distribution at some point - the problem is that at present the pointers are fixed colours, and I have had to hack it to add the title and unit strings.

Most of the improvements in 2.5 are 'under the hood' but should make to code more manageable. I've also moved the code to GitHub to encourage others to help take it forward, and I can put my feet up. Ha!
Mark

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 03:46:28 PM »
Stu:

I am also interested in Mark's cloud base gauge if it is possible for you to consider adding those tags in a future build.

Mark:

I just downloaded 2.5.3 and hope to find time to upgrade my site this weekend. Thanks for your continuing efforts to tweak the gauges and for including WeatherCatters. Good luck on putting your feet up mate.  :)

Reinhard:

Hadn't looked at your site in a while. I really like what you've done.
Blick

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2015, 04:43:33 PM »
Hi Reinhard,

I have spotted a bug in wind direction gauge in the SteelSeries library today. I have just pushed out version 2.5.3 of the gauges to pick up the patched library files. The only file you *need* to change is steelseries_tween.min.js (the source files steelseries.js, and steelseries.min.js have also been updated if you need them).

After changing this *only* file I get a blank screen without gauges - hopefully I can go back to the *old* file.  ;)

Cheers,
Reinhard

Update: Working again with the file created "Today 06:30" - v 2.5.2 is showing on the gauges site.
Reinhard

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2015, 05:03:45 PM »
Reinhard:

Hadn't looked at your site in a while. I really like what you've done.

Thanks, Blick - really appreciate your kind words!  :)

Cheers,
Reinhard
Reinhard

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2015, 05:48:31 PM »
Hello Stu,

another try on this one: We are provided with a simple graph for Cloud Base so there are possible some values of the cloud base height (e.g. 367 Meters) and the cloud base unit (Meters or Feet). Now that Marc has added a cloud base gauge to his live-gauges (see them in action on this page) it would be nice if WC users could use this gauge, too. Maybe you can put them into a feature request list and build them into a future build.  :)

Cheers,
Reinhard

PS: Marc, I have upgraded to the latest version (2.5.2) of your scripts - thanks for the improvements!

Already on the list :)
http://athena.trixology.com/index.php?topic=43.msg13110#msg13110

mcrossley

• Gale
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2015, 06:01:27 PM »
Hi Reinhard,

After changing this *only* file I get a blank screen without gauges - hopefully I can go back to the *old* file.  ;)

Cheers,
Reinhard

Update: Working again with the file created "Today 06:30" - v 2.5.2 is showing on the gauges site.
Odd, works fine for me and a couple of other people who have posted they have updated to 2.5.3. You are right the version on the page does not change as that comes from the gauges.js file - I didn't update that file this time.
Mark

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
Reinhard

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2015, 06:15:51 PM »
Odd, works fine for me and a couple of other people who have posted they have updated to 2.5.3. You are right the version on the page does not change as that comes from the gauges.js file - I didn't update that file this time.

Hi Mark,

downloaded and replaced those three files again and now working like a charm - maybe I did something wrong about the uploads to my server previous...  :-[

Sorry for that, all working as it should now!

Cheers,
Reinhard
Reinhard

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2015, 02:52:45 PM »
I see you have spotted my 'altimeter' cloud base gauge - that is non-standard, a 'tweak' for my personal site.  ;D
The standard gauge is a radial pointer gauge like most of the others. If enough people shout for it, I may make put the altimeter into the standard distribution at some point - the problem is that at present the pointers are fixed colours, and I have had to hack it to add the title and unit strings.

I 'shout' for this very cool airplane altimeter to display CloudBase.  8)

Cheers,
Reinhard
Reinhard

mcrossley

• Gale
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2015, 03:29:35 PM »
Counts... One!  ;)
Mark

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2015, 05:18:58 PM »
Two!
Blick