Author Topic: Hi  (Read 2929 times)

sportshoes

• Calm
    • DW9501
    • IONTORON33
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Vue - Mac Mini 2.4Ghz OS 10.7 Server
Hi
« on: November 24, 2012, 09:03:55 PM »
Well I am looking at weathercat after using weathersnoop for awhile. I'm less interested in aesthetics than data so weathercat may be the way to go for me. I just recently got a Davis VV after my WS-1080 station was destroyed during Sandy. I'm in Toronto, Canada.

I've been trying out weathercat and seems to be good. After playing with it and doing some research I have a couple of questions. Maybe someone will see this here and answer otherwise will post elsewhere.

1) My sunrise/sunset reads 1:57 AM/1:57 PM all the time. As far as I can tell my position is right. Not sure if there's a setting I'm missing elsewhere or if I missed something in the manual.

2) One thing I would like in weatherstation software is the reporting of the Davis long form forecast. From what I can see Davis provides coding for the icon forecast (loop ID 89) and a long form forecast (loop ID 90) which has about 200 possibilities. In the weathercat html tags are these CSF$ and CF$ respectively. It looks like Weathercat reports the Icon forecast, but I don't see the long forecast anywhere. I really would like easy access to the long form forecast. The only software I found that reports the long form is Weathertracker.

Thanks

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Welcome to the WeatherCat forum. (Re: Hi)
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 09:31:58 PM »
Hi Sportshoes and WeatherCat fans,  [cat]

Unfortunately, I don't know the answers to any of your questions, but I still want to . . . .

Welcome you to the WeatherCat forum!!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
Re: Hi
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 09:52:36 PM »
Hi Sportshoes,

First, let me join Edouard and welcome to the forum!

To answer your questions:

After setting your latitude and longitude in the Location/Colours prefs pane of WeatherCat's preferences, be sure to hit the 'Set Details' button to register the data.

With regards to the tags, CF$ is the long form forecast and CSF$ is the short form (icon data).

All current tags can be found at: http://live.trixology.com/custom/

sportshoes

• Calm
    • DW9501
    • IONTORON33
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 10:16:14 PM »
I have to admit complete stupidity on my part. I had my lat and longs transposed.   :-[

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 12:10:31 AM »
Easily done  :)

Here's an example of the differences between the short forecast and long forecast on a Vantage (this is from the forecast email but eactly the same strings are used for CF$ and CSF$)

Code: [Select]
WeatherCat Forecast Email

This email is sent just after 7 A.M., 4 P.M. and midnight daily. You can turn this feature off via the 'Send Forecast Email' option in WeatherCat's Email preferences.

Current Forecast:
Increasing clouds and cooler. Precipitation possible within 6 hours. Windy with possible wind shift to the W, NW, or N.

Short Forecast:
Partially cloudy, rain within 12 hours.

User Text: WeatherBox

<END MESSAGE>

WeatherCat TimeStamp: 00:01:02 25-Nov-12

sportshoes

• Calm
    • DW9501
    • IONTORON33
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 01:50:10 AM »