Author Topic: The eruption of Mount Shavano  (Read 3131 times)

HantaYo

• Strong Breeze
    • CW3993
    • KCOSALID1
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro Plus via Keyspan Serial/USB adapator running on 10.9.4
The eruption of Mount Shavano
« on: July 20, 2013, 03:26:17 AM »
The eruption of Mount Shavano, Colorado.  Water fell from the sky for hours afterward   [biggrin]

http://www.mu-43.com/gallery/weather/p40074-the-eruption-of-mount-shavano-2c-colorado.html

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Bummer dude! No Lava! (Re: The eruption of Mount Shavano)
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 10:22:16 PM »
Hi HantaYo and WeatherCat shutterbugs,

The eruption of Mount Shavano, Colorado.  Water fell from the sky for hours afterward   [biggrin]

;)Yeah, but it would have been so much more "exciting" had there been some lava spewing and ash raining down instead!!

What?  You say that would be too exciting!!

Nah, could be!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

P.S.  Seriously, thanks for sharing the really great photography!!  [tup]

HantaYo

• Strong Breeze
    • CW3993
    • KCOSALID1
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro Plus via Keyspan Serial/USB adapator running on 10.9.4
Re: The eruption of Mount Shavano
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 02:48:30 AM »
Lava and ash would be a little too close to home so I'll just take the interesting clouds and the RAIN  [bounce].  So far 3.13" or rain in July and 3.57" in the last four weeks.  It might be one of my wettest summer months.  I had my most intense rain event ever (1.59" in one storm) and have been called by the Weather Service twice wondering what is happening on the ground [rockon]

For now the drought is a close memory.  Hoping the Monsoon's continue all summer.  Has California been getting any of the monsoons?

Just capture some great hummingbird pictures so maybe I'll post some.  Question: how to you embed a picture directly in the post?

Thanks,
Jeff

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Lucky you!! (Re: The eruption of Mount Shavano)
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 09:11:26 PM »
Hi Jeff and WeatherCat drought watchers,

Lava and ash would be a little too close to home so I'll just take the interesting clouds and the RAIN  [bounce].  So far 3.13" or rain in July and 3.57" in the last four weeks.  It might be one of my wettest summer months.  I had my most intense rain event ever (1.59" in one storm) and have been called by the Weather Service twice wondering what is happening on the ground [rockon]

Hurray for you!!  [rain2]  Certainly nothing to bring the land back to life but an extended period of rain. 

For now the drought is a close memory.  Hoping the Monsoon's continue all summer.  Has California been getting any of the monsoons?

Sadly nothing this far North.  There is a 20% chance of thunderstorms tonight and tomorrow, but if anything happens it most likely would be dry-lightning.  About the worse thing that could happen.  :(

Just capture some great hummingbird pictures so maybe I'll post some.  Question: how to you embed a picture directly in the post?

Pictures that are displayed directly need to have a "permanent" (well long enough for everyone to see) URL.  If you have a place on the web to park your photos then you can the "picture" icon button to insert the bulletin board codes that need to wrap the URL.  The picture button is the one directly underneath the bold button.  It will generate codes that look like this:

Code: [Select]
[img]http://www.mu-43.com/gallery/data/1948/Eruption_of_Mt_Shavano_3.jpg[/img]
I don't know how permanent the photo links in your photo gallery are but here is the effect (I hope.)

Hope that's a good enough explanation.

Enjoy the rain!

HantaYo

• Strong Breeze
    • CW3993
    • KCOSALID1
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 03:40:31 AM »
Looks like it is working!  Not ideal though.

Thanks [tup]

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
"More better" embedded photos (Re: The eruption of Mount Shavano)
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 03:21:37 AM »
Hi Jeff and WeatherCat shutterbugs,

Looks like it is working!  Not ideal though.

Some online photo services give you a computer generated set of BBS codes so that you can display the photo and get a link to the online gallery.  Here is an example from the Service that Steve Morris got me hooked on: SmugMug:

That's a modest improvement.  The higher-resolution photos are available for the curious, but the causal viewer gets the picture immediately.

HantaYo

• Strong Breeze
    • CW3993
    • KCOSALID1
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 03:16:49 AM »
I'll check that out.

Thanks,
Jeff

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2013, 08:21:39 PM »
Nice photos!