Author Topic: Weatherlink Live  (Read 1330 times)

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
Weatherlink Live
« on: October 17, 2020, 10:46:33 AM »
Hello folks,
So this has just arrived - here's a few photos of the unit itself and what you get in the box.

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: Weatherlink Live
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2020, 03:20:20 PM »
Thanks for sharing. We’re interested in your experience and what you think.
Blick

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2020, 11:31:21 PM »
You mean I don't have to climb onto my roof and put the Anemometer on a 20 foot pole?! ThU32:-)

Not so fast you virtual dreamer!! Looks like one still needs a boatload of sensors, including a suitably mounted Anemometer, rain gauge, various temp sensors, etc. along with a Vantage View. Looks like it is a great replacement for the Console with much improved and power-saving electronics, WiiFi networking and more 'channels' than most anyone would need.

Wonder if multiple, duplicate sensors ( 2 or 3 outside temperature sensors, for example ) could be 'averaged' into a single value? :-\ I see many, many more WC tags coming! ;D
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

mcrossley

• Gale
  • Sorry, I'm not a WeatherCat user!
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 + home brew
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2020, 12:08:08 PM »
I think my WLL is great. The big advantage for me was being able to move the solar sensor from the ISS in the garden to my roof wind transmitter.

The VP2 restriction of only reading solar values from the primary ISS is history and I can ditch my "relay" device that emulated an ISS. The WLL allows you to connect the sensors to any (ISS type) transmitter you may have.
Mark