Author Topic: Where are the historic records stored?  (Read 1903 times)

AssortedNuggets

• Calm
  • Station Details: Davis II
Where are the historic records stored?
« on: December 07, 2015, 06:32:26 PM »
When WeatherCat starts it downloads from the Davis logger all the old records going back a few years, .

Takes a minute or three.

Where can i find these and how can i get them to show in the Journal and Graphs please?

Thank you

AssortedNuggets

• Calm
  • Station Details: Davis II
Re: Where are the historic records stored?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 08:59:16 PM »
and no there is no Weathercat Folder in /Library either....so a bit stumped

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 09:24:41 PM »
The path to the WeatherCat date is ~Library/WeatherCatData/Location1/YEAR/MONTH.cat
Where ~Library is your hidden User Library, not the System Library, and YEAR/MONTH are whatever data you want to review. To expose you hidden library, use the "Go" menu, and press "Option" key.

You can add the various statistical information by using the following tags in you HTML, as shown on the Statistics tab on my web page.

STRECORDS$
STRECENT$
ST1$
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 01:34:38 AM »
To expose you hidden library
And to go a bit farther... I've yet to hear a reasonable explanation of why ones own Library is hidden, while the two System Libraries are easily accessible. [banghead] But, no matter. Once you have your user Library open, simply drag it into the left-hand panel of any Finder window. Now you needent do the "Go to..." dance again. [rolleyes2]
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

TechnoMonkey

• Strong Breeze
    • EW9323
    • KTXARANS6
    • TechnoMonkeys Weather
  • Station Details: La Crosse WS-2315 / High Sierra Server / Mac Mini 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5/ 8GB Ram / OS 120GB SSD / Home Folder 500GB FireWire / DATA 8TB RAID 5 / 1TB TIME CAPSULE
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 04:07:32 AM »
If you are running el Capitan, just open up your home folder and click on view options.  There will be a checkbox for 'Show Library Folder'.

The reason it is hidden is that it is not used by the average user and with the home folder being subject to lots of drag 'n' drop it helps to keep from dropping stuff there or inadvertently deleting a file/folder.

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2015, 03:37:56 PM »
The reason it is hidden is that it is not used by the average user
I understand that, and many of us are not "average", but it is not really any more difficult to access the /Library or the /System/Library. Of course, there are demands for authentication when working there. Oh well... knot everie enterface kan bee purfeck! [goofy]
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system