Author Topic: WeatherUnderground support folks ask for feedback  (Read 2003 times)

saratogaWX

• Strong Breeze
  • Weather website programming enthusiast
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
  • Station Details: Davis VP1 +, iMAC 21, OSX 10.6.8
WeatherUnderground support folks ask for feedback
« on: January 15, 2018, 11:05:03 PM »
Two WU support folks have started asking for feedback at https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=33651.0;topicseen

Join the conversation, and try to be polite.  I know there are many grumbles about what has happened with WU since The Weather Company/IBM took over.

This may be a good way to give honest feedback and help them focus on the PWS-owner issues with the services.

Best regards,
Ken (admin on wxforum.net)
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis Vantage Pro Plus - FARS, Boltek-PCI/NexStorm, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteohub, WeatherSnoop, WeatherCat
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Thanks Ken (Re: WeatherUnderground support folks ask for feedback)
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 11:23:14 PM »
Dear Ken and WeatherCat faithful,

Two WU support folks have started asking for feedback at https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=33651.0;topicseen

Thanks Ken for the pointer.  It is another "mile a minute" day for me so this will have to wait, but I'll try to join in and see where this conversation ends up.

Join the conversation, and try to be polite.

*Sniff*   . . . . You have my sympathies in even having to ask for politeness.  It should be what everyone strives for in this modern age when we truly have the freedom and profound incentive to be polite.  Things most definitely are not as they seem.   :(

Oh well, . . . . . Edouard

saratogaWX

• Strong Breeze
  • Weather website programming enthusiast
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
  • Station Details: Davis VP1 +, iMAC 21, OSX 10.6.8
Re: WeatherUnderground support folks ask for feedback
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 12:32:58 AM »
Hi Edouard,

The folks at WXForum.net have tended to be a polite and mellow crew for most of our 11 year existence.  Yes, there have been outlier responses, but thankfully, few and far between.

The laments about the decline of Wunderground after the IBM/Weather Company acquisition have generated a fair amount of fervor in postings with some folks just saying good-bye to WU.  I think that WU is genuinely trying to get their house in order this time, and not just trying services reduction (NOAA radio feeds, Webcams-off-then-back-on).
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis Vantage Pro Plus - FARS, Boltek-PCI/NexStorm, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteohub, WeatherSnoop, WeatherCat
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: WeatherUnderground support folks ask for feedback
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 04:23:23 AM »
Thanks for the heads up and the link, Ken. And for your support of WeatherCat.
Blick