Author Topic: "WeatherCat Test Server" in WeatherCat RCP  (Read 4107 times)

staze

• Strong Breeze
    • CW9669
    • KORSPRIN10
    • Everybody Staze...
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Vue, Weather Envoy, Meteobridge Nano SD, Mac Mini Server (2018)
"WeatherCat Test Server" in WeatherCat RCP
« on: January 08, 2019, 12:42:28 AM »
Hi All,

Curious why WeatherCat RCP is convinced my WC install is named "WeatherCat Test Server". If I look System Data it shows the proper station name, but under "Updated" it still shows WeatherCat Test Server and under Manage WeatherCat servers I just have the one, which I have set to my personal weathercat install (and all the data looks correct).

Thoughts? Looks like I'm running RCP version 100. And WeatherCat version 303.

Thanks!
"You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?"

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: "WeatherCat Test Server" in WeatherCat RCP
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 12:47:03 AM »
Staze:

The most recent version of RCP is 1.1. I have no idea if installing the newest will clear this up for you or not, but I suggest whilst you wait for Grand to respond to you that you update the RCP app.
Blick

staze

• Strong Breeze
    • CW9669
    • KORSPRIN10
    • Everybody Staze...
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Vue, Weather Envoy, Meteobridge Nano SD, Mac Mini Server (2018)
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 12:49:03 AM »
Staze:

The most recent version of RCP is 1.1. I have no idea if installing the newest will clear this up for you or not, but I suggest whilst you wait for Grand to respond to you that you update the RCP app.

So, System Data says 100. But I have 1.1 according to App Store. I have Beta access as well, but that version (in TestFlight) was removed, so no longer worked. Had to delete and download version from App Store.
"You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?"

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 12:50:14 AM »
From your phone go to the App Store and find RCP and then click on GET
Blick

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 12:51:26 AM »
Sorry, I misread your post. Yes, that is what I had to do as well. Did that fix the server name issue?
Blick

staze

• Strong Breeze
    • CW9669
    • KORSPRIN10
    • Everybody Staze...
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 12:53:17 AM »
Sorry, I misread your post. Yes, that is what I had to do as well. Did that fix the server name issue?

No, I already had 1.1. System Data just reporting odd results. Or maybe it's saying WC "Server" is running RCP version 100.

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2019, 01:03:04 AM »
My RCP app reports the correct name of my WC server so there is something weird with your setup. I have now exhausted my knowledge but Grand will know what you need to do when he next signs in..
Blick

staze

• Strong Breeze
    • CW9669
    • KORSPRIN10
    • Everybody Staze...
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2019, 01:03:55 AM »
My RCP app reports the correct name of my WC server so there is something weird with your setup. I have now exhausted my knowledge but Grand will know what you need to do when he next signs in..

Yeah, and I'm pretty sure mine did too with the beta version. Maybe I'll delete and reinstall...

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
  • Developer of WeatherCat for iOS, tvOS, and watchOS
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2, aspirated, solar radiation, uv, soil temp and moisture
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2019, 01:29:25 AM »
Hi All,

Curious why WeatherCat RCP is convinced my WC install is named "WeatherCat Test Server". If I look System Data it shows the proper station name, but under "Updated" it still shows WeatherCat Test Server and under Manage WeatherCat servers I just have the one, which I have set to my personal weathercat install (and all the data looks correct).

Thoughts? Looks like I'm running RCP version 100. And WeatherCat version 303.

Thanks!

If you select System Data in WeatherCatRCP, you will see "RCP Version 100" in the result list. That is the version number for the Rich Client Protocol used by the WeatherCat server that you are querying. It lets RCP clients (EG WeatherCatRCP) know if they are using the most up-to-date protocol. The only version release so far is "100".

The WeatherCatRCP version is shown beneath the copyright at the bottom of the Settings page. The current version is 1.1 (181219)

If the data on the "Manage WeatherCat Servers" page is correct, then there shouldn't be a problem. Where are you finding "Updated"?

staze

• Strong Breeze
    • CW9669
    • KORSPRIN10
    • Everybody Staze...
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2019, 01:44:03 AM »
Don't understand the "updated" question. Attached is a screenshot of what I'm talking about. It's pointed at my server.

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2, aspirated, solar radiation, uv, soil temp and moisture
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2019, 01:52:48 AM »
Don't understand the "updated" question. Attached is a screenshot of what I'm talking about. It's pointed at my server.

I see what you mean. That is an odd one. The official WeatherCat Test Server (at trixology-eng.com) is named "Branchalwood".

Is your server accessible over the Internet? If it is, send me the URL. You can send it in a message if you want to keep it private.

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2019, 11:48:44 PM »
staze has identified two bugs in WeatherCatRCP 1.1 (181219):

1. The station name for the selected server field on the "WeatherCat Servers" screen is for the first server URL that was entered in the field. If you change the server URL, the station name should change to the new server, but it doesn't.

2. Deleting the server URL in the server field disables the selection button. Entering a new server URL does not enable the selection button until Done is tapped. The selection button should be enabled when any character is entered. Tapping the Done button should not be required.

These bugs have no effect on the functionality of WeatherCatRCP. They are primarily cosmetic and will be fixed in the next release.

Thank you staze for your help identifying these bugs.

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2019, 06:55:28 AM »
Nice work, Staze.
Blick