Author Topic: Web Server Issues  (Read 5448 times)

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Strong Breeze
Web Server Issues
« on: November 24, 2015, 05:27:39 PM »
Hello folks,
Our web-hosting provider has a server issue that is affecting our forum and web-pages.

Things should improve over the coming hours, but it will take some time before the speed is back to where it should be.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused,
Your Friendly Admin.

SalemBottomWeather

• Calm
    • N3OYL
    • KMDWESTM23
  • Station Details: Vantage Vue>Davis USB Logger>MeteoBridge
Re: Web Server Issues
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 05:35:31 PM »
May I suggest you send an email to all subscribers.  It took me 4 hours to log in and see this message.

Is this a frequent occurrence?  I have been evaluating WeatherCat this week and considering purchasing...but not so sure if this happens often.

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
  • Developer of WeatherCat for iOS, tvOS, and watchOS
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2, aspirated, solar radiation, uv, soil temp and moisture
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 06:52:34 PM »
Is this a frequent occurrence?
I've been visiting the WeatherCat Forum for years and this is the first time I've seen this happen.

awilltx

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 08:10:07 PM »
Definitely not the norm. This is the first slowdown I've ever seen here.

Hang in there!

Alan

Felix

• Gale
  • Station Details: Davis VP-2 Plus, FARS, WeatherLink IP. Sharx cams.
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 09:48:47 PM »
I've been visiting the WeatherCat Forum for years and this is the first time I've seen this happen.

+1

Yep, first time I've seen the forum go down and I visit it nearly every morning (Eastern USA).

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 10:46:43 PM »
Hi Cat family I have been using WeatherCat since the beginning and have never had any problem before
  Can't blame WC it has no control on what happens with the web server it uses
 so hang in there it will be OK

cheers
 [cheers1]

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
What's all da' hubbub - bub? (Re: Web Server Issues)
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 11:42:53 PM »
Dear Friendly Admin, SalemBottomWeather, Grand, Alan, Felix, Randall, and WeatherCat forum regulars,

Hello folks,
Our web-hosting provider has a server issue that is affecting our forum and web-pages.

Things should improve over the coming hours, but it will take some time before the speed is back to where it should be.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused,
Your Friendly Admin.

[wink] . . . . Awe shucks, I do a little pre-holiday grocery shopping and I miss the whole mellardrama! . . .

[lol2]

I guess that's okay though, I'm a bit over my quota when it comes to mellardramas . . . .

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Bull Winkus

• Storm
    • EW0095
    • KARHORSE2
    • WU for Horseshoe Bend, Arkansas
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless Vantage Pro 2, iMac 24"
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2015, 04:01:13 AM »
There has been something going on with the WWW for the past few days. I was having lots of difficulty getting Google Search, probably the simplest window on the web, to come up. Then, just when Google started getting better, my WC Trixology BBS wouldn't load.

It's those darn digerati! You know, the ones with their fingers in the icing as their mothers try to make a cake.

[lol2]
Herb

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2015, 04:20:19 AM »
Just got on for the first time in 24 hours and missed all the fun. I'll try to be more anxious next time.
Blick

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2016, 12:54:20 AM »
Is there a massive power outage over there? Forums seem extremely slow most of today.
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

Felix

• Gale
  • Station Details: Davis VP-2 Plus, FARS, WeatherLink IP. Sharx cams.
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2016, 09:22:18 AM »
Can't say I noticed anything amiss yesterday, X-Air. But then I only log on once/day--in the early morning (Eastern USA).

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2016, 03:23:53 PM »
Seems fine today and even after I finally got the post above sent. Oh well. Everywhere else I visited yesterday was normal. Maybe they were working on one of the cable ends. Or maybe t's all the interest/fear of our recent political shenanigans! [blush] [rolleyes2] I believe it was George Carlin who said, "When you are born, you get a ticket to a freak show. If you're born in America, you get a front row seat!" [lol]
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system