Author Topic: Twitter problem coming?  (Read 3350 times)

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
Twitter problem coming?
« on: May 22, 2018, 03:37:59 PM »
I don't understand everything I read at this site. I'm sure our Dev does. I think those that use Twitter for updating weather from WC would not be considered the same as those organizations that Push info to "thousands" of Twitter accounts.
Looks like not much more than an attempt to monetize the "platform", but I'm just a cynic. [rolleyes2] I don't use any "Twitter apps" and only recently remembered that I was using WC to post there! [rolleyes2]
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Unlikely to be a WeatherCat problem. (Re: Twitter problem coming?)
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 09:24:22 PM »
Dear X-Air and WeatherCat data submission junkies,

I don't understand everything I read at this site. I'm sure our Dev does. I think those that use Twitter for updating weather from WC would not be considered the same as those organizations that Push info to "thousands" of Twitter accounts.
. . . . .

I don't think WeatherCat uses any of the functionality in question.  As best as I can tell, the issue is mainly if you want to create a competing App for Twitter's own client.  WeatherCat is simply posting data using the API that Twitter is providing.  That's the sort of functionality that Twitter has to be embracing.  As you say, only our fearless leader would know for sure, but given all the problems facing the world today - this one can probably stay on the back burner!  ;D

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
Re: Twitter problem coming?
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 11:42:34 PM »
"this one can probably stay on the back burner!" just ahead of TwitFace... err FaceTwit... whatever...
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system