Author Topic: perhaps a stupid question...but here goes  (Read 1589 times)

jennajon

• Gentle Breeze
    • FW2882
    • KMEGLENB7
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus With FARS, Solar and UV sensors, MAC 27 in. Retina, WeatherCat vers. 3.05 build 27
perhaps a stupid question...but here goes
« on: December 10, 2017, 03:29:47 PM »
 :-[

Version 2.44 Build 2 on Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.2

i have webcam enabled, image source from URL.
overlay is ticked, and if i show video preview, all information
is showing nicely.

On the website? Just the photo, no overlay.

Am i missing something simple here??? Using Wim's Leuven template...
www.jennaweather.com

Thank you in advance for any suggestions, input or thoughts!

--jenna

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: perhaps a stupid question...but here goes
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 08:43:52 PM »
Not a stupid question, but to make sure Wim sees your question, best to post it here:

http://athena.trixology.com/index.php?topic=1084.0
Blick

awilltx

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 10:01:27 PM »
Your template is displaying the direct file from your webcam feed. It needs to display img src="webcam.jpg" file generated by WeatherCat to get the overlay.

Alan

jennajon

• Gentle Breeze
    • FW2882
    • KMEGLENB7
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus With FARS, Solar and UV sensors, MAC 27 in. Retina, WeatherCat vers. 3.05 build 27
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 10:42:46 PM »
Blicj11 and awilltx:

i knew it was something deadly simple....now to find that WeatherCat generated .jpg file!!

Thank You both for your kind help!!

--jenna [woohoo]

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 02:44:56 AM »
The WC generatered movie is a QuickTime file. It has a .mov suffix. The file you want uploaded is labeled ?WeatherCatDaily.mov? (not at home, the actual name is in The Manual ;) ). I could give you what I think the path to the jpeg and mov files are but I?d just be guessing, they should be easily found with a search. Try ?WeatherCatDaily...? Could be in your home Library/WC media more likely your home Library/Application Support.
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

awilltx

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 11:04:11 AM »
The file location is located at your "Set Save Path" in WC Preferences/Online/Custom Web. 

Alan

jennajon

• Gentle Breeze
    • FW2882
    • KMEGLENB7
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2017, 01:10:28 PM »
Many thanks to all, but i am giving up and here is why:

1. webcam is located on a separate computer, win based. i capture a snapshot every 10 minutes.
and it is uploaded to a webcam images file on the website host.
2. i believe i am misunderstanding the sequence of when/how the overlay is applied. i was under the impression
that the webcam snapshot i am uploading *based on the URL as set in WC preferences for webcam* would be used for the overlay.
3. instead, i think i have the sequence backwards. The webcam photo always lags by at least 10 minutes when WC captures the next one and uses it for the FTP upload.
4. therefore, i have two choices. Find someway to apply the overlay to the webcam snapshot PRIOR to being uploaded OR give up and just leave the upload direct from the captured snapshot as it is now.

My brain hurts.  [banghead]

--jenna

awilltx

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2017, 02:09:54 PM »
Jenna,

Not to fry your brain much but here goes:

1. webcam is located on a separate computer, win based. i capture a snapshot every 10 minutes. and it is uploaded to a webcam images file on the website host.

This is what you are displaying on your site.

the webcam snapshot i am uploading *based on the URL as set in WC preferences for webcam* would be used for the overlay.

The URL set in WC prefs for webcam is the same as what you are uploading in step 1. WC processes this image and applies the overlay then saves its own version of the image to the folder specified in your WC preferences On-line/Custom Web/Main/Set Save Path with the name "webcam.jpg"

Therefore, since you are uploading a webcam image outside of WC and WC is also generating its own image, you have two images on your sites' server.

So, you DO have two choices on which to display. It is up to you to modify your template to make that modification or ask the developer to help you.

For further insight, check out my website.  Click on the banner below, click on "webcam" on the left side. I am displaying an image directly from my cam without the overlay; however, if you change the url from "wxwebcam.php" to "wxwebcamold.php" you can see another page with the WC overlay.

Hope this helps some.

Alan