Author Topic: New Meteobridge Nano - No Davi$ Logger Needed  (Read 3374 times)

dfw_pilot

• Gale
    • GW3252
    • KTNWILLI1
    • WX Page
  • Station Details: Davis Pro2 Plus
New Meteobridge Nano - No Davi$ Logger Needed
« on: October 19, 2018, 04:42:18 PM »
Some of you know how much I love my Meteobridge. It connects directly to the Davis data logger and:
Now for the good news, haha.

The Meteobridge Nano is now out!

It does all the regular Meteobridge does, PLUS it acts like a data logger, so no more need for the 1970's style high-priced Davis logger. It is so small, it fits inside the Davis console. A great overview writeup can be read here.

Basically, you get a Meteobridge and a logger for ~ $225.

I'm going to get one, if for nothing else, as to have a backup to my current Meteobridge and Davis data logger.

Cheers,

dfw

*Hyperbole
A clear conscience is a great pillow.

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: New Meteobridge Nano - No Davi$ Logger Needed
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 06:08:31 PM »
Wow. Pretty dang impressive. Thanks for sharing.
Blick

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
  • Developer of WeatherCat for iOS, tvOS, and watchOS
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2, aspirated, solar radiation, uv, soil temp and moisture
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 06:11:29 PM »
dfw- The Meteobridge Nano is a very impressive device. I'm looking forward to reading about your experiences with it. -- grand

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Do tell!! (Re: New Meteobridge Nano - No Davi$ Logger Needed)
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 11:03:27 PM »
Dear dfw, Blick, Grand, and WeatherCat fans of nifty weather-related hardware,

The Meteobridge Nano is now out!

. . . .

I'm going to get one, if for nothing else, as to have a backup to my current Meteobridge and Davis data logger.
. . . .

Very interesting!  Thanks for sharing!  As already stated, it is a extremely impressive device.  Please do let us know what you uncover when you get one in your hot little hands.

This is the second device that has recently come on the market to replace the Davis data logger.  I wonder what has happened to cause all these devices to show up all of a sudden.  I can't dredge up any history on the Davis Vantage Pro line.  Could a patent have expired that now allows other manufacturers to create clones of the Davis data logger?

Can anybody dig up some info on this curious matter?

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

JosBaz

• Strong Breeze
    • INBRSON2
    • Weatherstation Son en Breugel, The Netherlands
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Wireless, WeatherCat on Mac OS X 10.13.6
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2018, 09:11:40 AM »
Certainly looks interesting. My VP2 still has the datalogger with a serial connection, plugged into a Keyspan USB to Serial adapter attached to my Mac Mini.
It's 2018 so it may be time for a 'technology refresh'.

Next to all the benefits you already mentioned, I would finally be able to move my VP2 Console away from the Mac Mini.

We'll let you do the beta-testing. Let us know how things go.  ThU32:-)