Author Topic: Delays of data and webcam with Simple Web and Weathercloud websites  (Read 1725 times)

idunn

• Strong Breeze
  • name: idunn
    • icantono2
    • Magpie Hill
  • Station Details: WS1080, iMac 10.9.5, Canon Powershot A510 zoomed with gphoto2, located at 950m in Gross Switzerland, Webcam view SE to Alps on magpie-hill.com on WeatherCloud (MagpieHill) and Wunderground (ID icantono2)
Hi folks,
I am experiencing delays of several days, also hours, before updates in data and webcam appear. My Simple Web is generated by WeatherCat.  Data is also sent to Wunderground, where no delay seems to occur, and also to WeatherCloud, where the delay is the same as my Simple Web site, magpie-hill.com. The Simple Web always looks good on the local WC test. To see the latest I often have to do a reload but often this does not give the latest data. Could this be a cache problem on my iMac?  Hard to imagine it would be a webhost problem. Thanks for any advice.
Irving

idunn

• Strong Breeze
  • name: idunn
    • icantono2
    • Magpie Hill
  • Station Details: WS1080, iMac 10.9.5, Canon Powershot A510 zoomed with gphoto2, located at 950m in Gross Switzerland, Webcam view SE to Alps on magpie-hill.com on WeatherCloud (MagpieHill) and Wunderground (ID icantono2)
Re: Delays of data and webcam with Simple Web and Weathercloud websites
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 08:53:42 PM »
Hi folks,
I solved my delay problem. All I had to do is empty cache in the browser preferences.
Irving

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
Re: Delays of data and webcam with Simple Web and Weathercloud websites
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 03:49:09 PM »
That can be a problem if you frequently visit the same site several times an hour/day. It can be alleviated by lowering the amount of memory used by the cache. I'm not at my Mac right now but I think the content nitrile is in the Debug menu.

Anybody have any idea what I meant with "I think the content nitrile is in the Debug menu"?! lol(1)

Anyway, the Clear Caches item is in the Develop Menu. There are some items that will display how much memory is being used by caches in the Debug Menu. Frankly, I can't remember how I supposedly set my cache values to zero! I didn't think 'old age' (memory loss) would come so soon! I'm not even 74 yet! [blush] [goofy]
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system