WeatherCat > WeatherCat Web Templates

Steel Gauges

(1/117) > >>

UncleBuck:
Hi all,
I am currently working on a template set for the Steel Gauges  but there are a few things that I am unable to get working without major modification to the files.
I don't really want to go down that path as it would effectively create a new branch of the files you download from http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/SteelSeries_Gauges. Instead I would like to get the changes I make "incorporated" into Marks.

To do this would mean that some additional tags would need to be exposed by WC as follows:

Latitude
Longitude
Elevation
Apparent Temp
Humidex
Bearing of the maximum wind gust during a given time frame
Dominant Wind Direction
Total wind run for each of the 8 compass points for a given time frame

Could one of the WC devs please let me know which of the above would be easy for you to implement?

I have got most things working now and you can see it (with all it's bugs) at http://weather.kcsolutions.com.au/gauges-ssT.html

At some point I would like to get a volunteer who doesn't use metric to give it a go on their website and also someone who uses a station with more accuracy than what I can get from my WMR200.

Col.

Randall75:
Hi Uncle Buck
 So far they are looking really good thanks for working on them
 [cheers1]

WCDev:
Hi Col,
How are you driving them? Is it Custom CGI, periodic file processing or a combination of both?

UncleBuck:
The gauges are all done in Javascript.
They are driven by periodic file processing which at the moment I have set to every 30 seconds.
The gauges script is processing the JSON formatted file called realtimegaugesWC.txt.
The JSON file is being processed by WC and uploaded as part of the Custom Web > Additional Files every 0.2 minutes.
There is also a HTML file that is being processed by WC and uploaded as part of the Custom Web but this is only done every two minutes.

I hope all that made sense as I am by no means a programmer.

Col.

WCDev:
OK, thanks Col.

The plan here would be to do all necessary tag additions as a 'oner' during the 1.2 development rather than in dribs and drabs.

Give me a day or two to plan the work out then I'll get back to you with suggestions and any further questions.

Quick question for now - by dominant wind direction, do you mean average wind direction?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version