Author Topic: Comedian buys The Weather Channel  (Read 1708 times)

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Comedian buys The Weather Channel
« on: March 23, 2018, 08:00:28 PM »
So back in 2015, when The Weather Channel was not part of IBM's purchase of WeatherUnderground and other weather-relates entities, the television channel continued on its merry way until now. A comedian has just purchased it. So perhaps it will be entertaining and funny rather than bloated and non-responsive, like WU has become.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-03-22/funnyman-byron-allen-buys-the-weather-channel-for-300-million
Blick

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
But, but, but ?!?!?!???. . . . . (Re: Comedian buys The Weather Channel)
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 10:25:40 PM »
Dear Blick, and WeatherCat users who cannot believe their eyes!

So back in 2015, when The Weather Channel was not part of IBM's purchase of WeatherUnderground and other weather-relates entities, the television channel continued on its merry way until now. A comedian has just purchased it. So perhaps it will be entertaining and funny rather than bloated and non-responsive, like WU has become.

But, but, but, . . . . . .  Surely you jest! . . . . . . . .  :o

Alas, a quick check of the web confirms this extremely bizarre development.

If someone had been able to get me the news headlines of today and shown them to me 2 years ago, I wouldn't have believed any of it.  Gasp, I still can't!

Absolutely, positively, beyond any possible doubt, . . . . . the Second Coming is way overdue!!

Oh well, . . . . . Edouard

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
Re: Comedian buys The Weather Channel
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 12:21:49 AM »
I only hope there will stil be people around to read this years headlines in 2 years. [rolleyes2] [banghead]
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

JosBaz

• Strong Breeze
    • INBRSON2
    • Weatherstation Son en Breugel, The Netherlands
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Wireless, WeatherCat on Mac OS X 10.13.6

If someone had been able to get me the news headlines of today and shown them to me 2 years ago, I wouldn't have believed any of it.

Comedians buy the Weather Channel, clowns become president... anything is possible these days.  [rolleyes2]