General Category > General Computing/Macintosh

Article on what user-data is kept by Apple.

<< < (3/3)

xairbusdriver:

--- Quote ---Apple [claims it] has never been nor wants to be a data collection company.
--- End quote ---
And now we hear that Apple and several other hardware makers have been receiving data about users of their products... anonymized, I'm sure... "If we collect it, they will want it."

elagache:
Dear Blick, X-Air, and WeatherCat penny-pinchers,

--- Quote from: Blicj11 on June 06, 2018, 05:58:02 PM ---I made that jump a few months ago (to Office 365 from Office for Mac 2011) and am a satisfied customer.
--- End quote ---

I just checked and office 2016 is still available as a one-time purchase:

https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Office-Home-Student-2016/dp/B0148BYIPY/

So you don't have to subscribe if you don't want you.

Cheers, Edouard

Blicj11:
Yes, I considered the one-time option and determined that with the rapid changes being made to both macOS and the Microsoft Office Suite that I would be better off to subscribe to Office 365 in order to obtain both the monthly updates to Office and tech support from the Office for Mac team for a longer period of time than accompanies the one-time purchase. I used Office for Mac 2011 as a one-time purchase for almost 7 years but do not believe I can get even half that long out of another one-time purchase. And Microsoft currently offers no upgrades or free tech support for the one-time purchaser.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version