Author Topic: Banner Generator  (Read 3268 times)

basher

• Calm
  • Station Details: wh 1080
Banner Generator
« on: April 07, 2013, 12:37:35 PM »
Hi
Complete novice here, please be gentle with me !
Just bought a wh 1080 weather station, and am using Weathercat on my Mac Mini.
Really impressed so far, will purchase in a weeks time, when trial runs out.

However, trying to upload a banner, but here and elsewhere I've read that full instructions are on page 38, or page 60, or page 68 of manual;not on my manual they're not, I'm confused ( not hard I know), another feed says go to Tools menu, and click on Banner Generator; well, my Tools menu doesn't have a Banner Generation option to click on !
 Is it because I'm using the trial Weathercat, and not the paid for one yet? As said earlier, will purchase Weathercat, but like to try various parts first; the Banner Generator being one of them.
Thanks for any help,
 Bob in sunny Fuerteventura  (Canary Islands)

jace

• Storm
    • DW9675
    • ISuffolk62
    • Yoxford weather site.
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2, with Mac USB Data Logger. 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook, with 8 GB 1033 MHz DDR3 Memory, running Mac OSX Version 10.10.1 (Yosimite).
Re: Banner Generator
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 01:03:23 PM »
Hi Bob

Jealous I am, Fueteventura  [sun2], any where near El Cotillo  ?

I didn't think that any of the options were disabled if using the trial, the banner generator should be the bottom option in the tools menu, you can only use when uploading using the custom web options.

I've attached a screen shot of page 68 of the user manual.

Enjoy the sun !  [sweat]

JC

basher

• Calm
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 04:28:08 PM »
Hi JC
Thanks for rapid reply.
Wife and I go to El Cotillo couple of times a week with our lunch, sit on the beach and watch the surf; someone's got to do it, eh?
Anyway, I've got version 1.1.5 of Weathercat(the latest one), and under Tools menu the bottom option is ;

Configure station comms....

HELP !!!
Bob

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 07:36:59 PM »
Hi Bob,
Welcome to the forum!

It's not a problem I've seen before, so try this first: Download the latest release then double click the .zip file to unzip it (if it didn't unzip automatically). This will give you a folder called 'WeatherCat'. Drag this folder to your 'Applications' folder (you may need to enter an administrative password) then run WeatherCat from there. If you still don't have any Tools in the menu (there should be the Live Data View, Current Conditions Calculator and Banner Generator), post back with more details of your set-up (Machine, OS version, RAM).

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Location of plug-in (Re: Banner Generator)
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 08:23:07 PM »
Hi Bob and WeatherCat fans,

First welcome to the WeatherCat forum!

I'm confused ( not hard I know), another feed says go to Tools menu, and click on Banner Generator; well, my Tools menu doesn't have a Banner Generation option to click on !

There is one way I could imagine this feature to be missing, would you have only copied the WeatherCat application to your Applications folder instead of the entire WeatherCat distribution folder?  To install WeatherCat you need to copy the whole folder.  The banner-generator is a plug-in to WeatherCat that needs to be kept in the folder: WeatherCatPlugIns that you'll find in the folder WeatherCat.  Without that folder, effectively you haven't installed the banner-generator.

Hope this helps,

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

jf-i2r

• Strong Breeze
  • Station Details: vantage pro2 wireless with solar sensor ; weatherlink-ip ;mac mini 1,6ghz 2go ram El Capitan
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 08:21:56 AM »
hi

To install WeatherCat you need to copy the whole folder.  The banner-generator is a plug-in to WeatherCat

cheers
jean frederic

basher

• Calm
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 09:12:07 AM »
WCDEV,elagache,jf-12r,

You all cracked it !

Thanks very much; I was running Weathercat app. alone  from my desktop, but the other items were elsewhere.
Put all back together as you all said, and now works perfectly.
Thanks again, will be buying this week !
Bob, in slightly overcast Fuerteventura

jf-i2r

• Strong Breeze
  • Station Details: vantage pro2 wireless with solar sensor ; weatherlink-ip ;mac mini 1,6ghz 2go ram El Capitan
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 11:15:49 AM »
 [tup] [cheers1]

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Glad you are back in business! (Re: Banner Generator)
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2013, 10:09:32 PM »
Dear Bob and WeatherCat fans,

Glad the problem was so easy to solve!  Glad you have WeatherCat purring like it is supposed to!  [cat]

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]