Author Topic: SFTP and/or PHP Uploads  (Read 2304 times)

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Thanks for sharing! (Re: SFTP and/or PHP Uploads)
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2024, 11:21:16 PM »
Thanks Reinhard for sharing!

Unfortunately, a bit complicated as you say, but glad to hear that your website is back up and running!

Edouard

wx-watch

• Strong Breeze
    • ISPALDIN8
    • Wx Watch
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2 Plus and a Mac Mini M2
Re: SFTP and/or PHP Uploads
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2024, 09:07:55 AM »
It would still be nice to know if SFTP/PPH is ever coming to WeatherCat  :D :D

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2024, 06:59:34 PM »
It would still be nice to know if SFTP/PPH is ever coming to WeatherCat  :D :D

Agreed.
Reinhard

idunn

• Strong Breeze
  • name: idunn
    • icantono2
    • Magpie Hill
  • Station Details: WS1080, iMac 10.9.5, Canon Powershot A510 zoomed with gphoto2, located at 950m in Gross Switzerland, Webcam view SE to Alps on magpie-hill.com on WeatherCloud (MagpieHill) and Wunderground (ID icantono2)
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2024, 08:54:03 AM »
Hi folks,
I have been absent here for awhile and glad to see some familiar names on the forum. Recently I set up a new webpage with Godaddy. First it was a Wordpress basic and later a more knowledgeable guy told me that I needed C-panel. Of course it costs more, about $100 per year, seems like a lot. Anyway I am trying to figure out to upload the Simple Web Page to my new webpage. I am still using WC v1 with my tried and trusty $100 WH1080 weather machine. It seems to be working fine. My Simple Web Page looks good and up to date with the test.
I have gotten so far with Godaddy that I have a new domain, magpiehill.net, an FTP username and password.  I have tried these on the FTP WC pane and with it I get an FTP error: Couldn't resolve host. The clever guy on Godaddy even asked his AI and got two possible directory addresses but these did not work.
I will be grateful if anyone has any ideas about how to proceed. I emailed Stu and Edouard yesterday but have no answer yet.
All the best, Irving

idunn

• Strong Breeze
  • name: idunn
    • icantono2
    • Magpie Hill
  • Station Details: WS1080, iMac 10.9.5, Canon Powershot A510 zoomed with gphoto2, located at 950m in Gross Switzerland, Webcam view SE to Alps on magpie-hill.com on WeatherCloud (MagpieHill) and Wunderground (ID icantono2)
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2024, 09:16:06 AM »
Hi folks,
I am not sure if my Godaddy Cpanel might be using SFTP. Just read about what Edouard wrote about a trick for FTP uploading using Forklift. It seems not too complicated and not so costly. Is anyone using it? One problem I would have is that my Weathercat is on an old Mac. Can someone guide me as to how to get WC onto my newer Mac?
Regards to all,
Irving

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2024, 07:49:21 PM »
I am still using GoDaddy with cPanel and it is definitely using FTP. My plan is called Web Hosting Economy. I had a different plan at first but found it was using SFTP so GoDaddy switched it out for me.

Your other question about moving WeatherCat from one Mac to another is answered in the WeatherCar Wiki:
https://wiki.trixology.com/index.php?title=Moving_a_WeatherCat_installation_from_one_computer_to_another
Blick