Author Topic: Steel Gauges Beginner  (Read 16588 times)

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: Steel Gauges Beginner
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2013, 11:11:21 AM »
Hi Randall:

Not telling you change anything just trying to help

Believe me, I appreciate you trying to help me sort this.

/Users/xxx/Library/Application Support/WeatherCat Custom Web Templetes(Set HTML Source)
/Users/xxx/Library/Application Support/WeatherCat CustomWeb(Set Save Path)

Randall, is your HTML Path and your Save Path pointing to the same directory or is your set path in a different subdirectory? Did you copy the entire steel directory to your HTML path?

Thanks.
Blick

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2013, 01:01:25 PM »
Hi Blick
 I have a folder in /Users/randall/Library/Application Support/WeatherCatCustomWebTempletes
This folder I added to Application Support this is where all my WeatherCat stuff is for WC to process it this is my source folder What Weathercat doesn't produce on it own I add things like Banner jpg for my web site and the realtimegaugesWC.text files then WeatherCat will process them to the Path folder which is /Users/randall/Library/Application/WeatherCatCustomWeb then this is upload to my Web Site after you have went in and change every thing that needs changed in the gauges.js folder then you need to upload this to your web site if you and going to use the Steel folder put in there first then use a program like yummy to upload it to your root directory on your web site then is should work as I stated before

you don't need the gauges folder in your WeatherCat Custom Web  source or Path folderson your computer

cheers
 [cheers1]

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2013, 04:28:32 PM »
you don't need the gauges folder in your WeatherCat Custom Web  source or Path folderson your computer

OK. I think part of my problem is that I have some files in the Save Path that shouldn't be there. They got put there because I have the whole Steel folder in my HTML Source. My WeatherCat log gives me a list of errors every 5 minutes of files it can't write to the Save Path and they are all .js files from the Steel folder.

Would you mind sending me (or posting) a list of the files in your Save Path which I could use to figure out what to delete from my save path? Then I will change the Source and try again.

Thanks.
Blick

Randall75

• Storm
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2013, 08:46:07 PM »
Hi Blick
 Ok The only place you need your Steel Folder is on your Web Hosting Web Site.
But really all should have to do is empty your Save Path Folder and WeatherCat will replace everything in it that is produced by your Source Folder the next time WC runs it Custom Web

Ok here is list ,now mine has alot more because of my html files from my web site that I built in it

all_dials.jpg
all_dialsc.jpg
awekas_wl.html
awekas-logo-kl.jpg
barometer.jpg
cloudbase.jpg
cloudbase1.jpg
customgraph1.jpg
customgraph2.jpg
customgraph3.jpg
customgraph4.jpg
customgraph5.jpg
customgraph6.jpg
customgraphs.html
cwp_logo.gif
dewpoint.jpg
dewpoint1.jpg
heatindex.jpg
heatindex1.jpg
humin.jpg
humout.jpg
index.html
MacWeather_logo.png
precipitation1.jpg
pressure1.jpg
PWS%20lgo.jpg
rain1h.jpg
rain24h.jpg
WeatherOnTheHill.jpg
realtimegaugesWC.txt
rh1.jpg
rhin1.jpg
solar.jpg
solarrad1.jpg
Web/StationRecords.html
Web/Station_console.html
temperature1.jpg
tempin.jpg
tempin1.jpg
tempout.jpg
uv.jpg
uv1.jpg
WeatherCatBanner.jpg
WeatherCatDailyMovie.mov
Weatherbugimages.jpg
windchill.jpg
windchill1.jpg
winddirection.jpg
winddirection1.jpg
windrun.jpg
windspeed.jpg
windspeed1.jpg
WL_stickertags.htx
wow_logo.png
wuLogoNon.png
wxhistoric.html
wxi.css
wxmonthly.html
wxtoday.html
wxweekly.html
wxyearly.html
wxyesterday.html

You can Go To randysweatheronthehill.com to see what all of the files are for if you want

Make sure you don't have any Steel Gauages stuff in your source folder except your realtimegauges.WC.text

cheers
 [cheers1]

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2013, 09:47:58 PM »
Hi Randall:

Thanks for the list. I am all cleaned up and repaired.

Make sure you don't have any Steel Gauages stuff in your source folder except your realtimegauges.WC.text

Yes, this was the cause of most of my grief so thanks for the tip.

Progress has been made !!

I am down to one remaining issue. When I hover over the gauges, I am getting some information, but no graph. I thought it would automatically pull up a graph. Do I need to create custom graphs for this or do I still need to tweak my gauges.js file?

I have attached a screen shot of what I get when I hover.

Thanks again for hanging with me on this.
Blick

Randall75

• Storm
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2013, 10:02:24 PM »
Hi Blick
 Progress  [cheer]
Give it 24 to 48 ours so it can store up some info for the graphs part tp work maybe even a little longer
cheers
 [cheers1]

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2013, 10:36:48 PM »
Sorry to keep bugging you guys; I'm a slow learner.

I have data and the graphs work when I pull them up in WeatherCat. The link to the graphs is broken. See attachments for details.

Attachment 1 shows Steel Folder structure
Attachment 2 shows the first part of my gauges.js file
Attachment 3 shows a functional graph in Weather Cat
Attachment 4 shows what I get on the web page when I hover over the External Temp gauge

Any advice for editing the gauges.js file is greatly appreciated.
Blick

Randall75

• Storm
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2013, 02:54:10 AM »
Hi Blick
 if are referring the url to your web site example:(www.blickweather.com/Steel/gauges-ss-basic.htm)
you need to add Steel to the imgPathUrl in gauages.js ('/Steel')

cheers
 [cheers1]
ps go back and read about the SS gauges.rtf  that I posted earlier

I don't like using the Steel folder I just have everything @ root ob my hosting web site
then my URL is http://randysweatheronthehill.com/gauges-ss-basic.htm

Randall75

• Storm
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2013, 10:24:46 PM »
Hey Blick
 Did u get ur Steel Gauges working?
cheers
 [cheers1]

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2013, 11:04:19 PM »
Not yet, but I have had an epiphany.

Are you FTPing updated trend jpegs (temperature1.jpg, etc.) to your website or did you FTP them all one time and the realtimeGaugesWC.txt file updates them when it is updated? I see that you have those trend jpegs in your images folder. My images folder is empty because I was under the impression that you only needed the contents of the steel folder uploaded to the web and then realtimeGaugesWC.txt did all the updating.
Blick

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2013, 09:27:36 AM »
Step by step:

If you have enabled "Custom Web" within WeatherCat, you can specify an HTML Source Folder (Preferences > Custom Web > Main > Set HTML Source, mine is named "CustomWeb"). In this folder you have to put all files that should be processed by WeatherCat. You have to create an html file that contains the simple graphs, otherwise no graphs will be uploaded and you will see no graphs when you hover the steel gauges. Also the file "realtimegaugesWC.txt" has to be in this folder. Next you have to specify a Save Path folder (Preferences > Custom Web > Main > Set Save Path, mine is named "SavePath"). In this folder WeatherCat processes the html files from the HTML source folder, and the so created content of this save path folder is ftp'd automatically by WeatherCat to your webspace periodically. The period of uploads you can also specify in the above named Preference section. Now you only have to tell SteelGauges where the graphs are located on your webspace.

Additionally you should take a look in the UserManual page 87ff to get help creating Custom Web Pages.

Cheers,
Reinhard
Reinhard

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2013, 02:52:21 PM »
I've sent John a simple HTML file calling out the tags for all of the basic graphs. Putting this in his WeatherCat Custom Web Templates folder should fix the last of the problems with his web page.

Reinhard has told you much the same, but I hadn't been here to see his post, as I was replying to an email exchange John and I have been having.

I think you're good to go once these get implemented.
Steve
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2013, 10:17:49 PM »
JosBaz, Mark Crossley, Randall75, Eric Oshlo, David Pratt, Reinhard and Steve:

Thank you so much for your help and suggestions with my Steel Gauges setup. A special thanks to Reinhard and Steve for taking the time to teach me some basic html and WeatherCat fundamentals. Thanks to Randall75 for hanging in there with me for several days.

With your kind help, I finally figured out how to get where I wanted to go.

Although I have not yet finished up with the fine details, nor have I published my weather page on the website, the page is online and the steel gauges are functional at:

http://timberlakesutah.com/weather/

Thanks again for coming to my rescue. You guys and WeatherCat are brilliant.
Blick

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2013, 02:59:22 AM »
John,

I'm glad you've got everything working, and the page looks great. My only suggestion is to increase the height of the iframe window, as there is 20-30 pixels of scrolling needed on Safari on my 27" iMac. Increasing the height would remove the scroll bar.

Nice work!
Steve
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2013, 07:12:48 AM »
Increasing the height would remove the scroll bar.

Great catch. I hadn't noticed that.

Thanks again, Steve.
Blick