Author Topic: Webcam Uploads to WeatherUnderground  (Read 3635 times)

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
Webcam Uploads to WeatherUnderground
« on: August 06, 2013, 11:24:47 PM »
Hi WeatherCat Fans
 If you are noticing that your webcam picts to WU are not up dating as they should WU is experiencing some troubles after moving equipment for there webcam uploads to another building just bear with them for a few days they are working on it they said they receive about 2 million webcam images everyday from about 2600 plus  Personal Weather Stations
cheers
 [cheers1]

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Thanks Randall (Re: Webcam Uploads to WeatherUnderground)
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 09:43:25 PM »
Hi Randall and WeatherCat fans,

If you are noticing that your webcam picts to WU are not up dating as they should WU is experiencing some troubles after moving equipment for there webcam uploads.  . . . . . . . .

Thanks for the advisory!  I was wondering what was going on!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

idunn

• Strong Breeze
  • name: idunn
    • icantono2
    • Magpie Hill
  • Station Details: WS1080, iMac 10.9.5, Canon Powershot A510 zoomed with gphoto2, located at 950m in Gross Switzerland, Webcam view SE to Alps on magpie-hill.com on WeatherCloud (MagpieHill) and Wunderground (ID icantono2)
Re: Webcam Uploads to WeatherUnderground
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 09:20:34 AM »
Greetings,

Like some of you, I am having a webcam FTP password problem with Wunderground. They do not know how to solve it (tried a few suggestions, changed password, etc.) and did not answer when I asked if they had changed something.  So now I have tried sending EvoCam photos through WC to WU. This works fine but there is a loss of image resolution, as compared to FTP directly from EvoCam. See PWS icantono2. Is there any way to improve the WC FTP image resolution?  Has the WU problem been solved at their end by now.

Thanks,  Irving

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
Re: Webcam Uploads to WeatherUnderground
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 12:35:34 PM »

Hi IrvingIf you use WeatherCat to upload your Weather information to WU and it works then its not your password
Do you have the correct Camera ID in place in the On line WU PWS preferences? You get that from WU.
Also have the Upload WebCam Image ticked?
And in the WebCam preferences  do you have the path set to where your EvoCam.jpg is?
And did WU approve of the image you are sending it can take a while before it shows up?
Hope this helps
cheers
 [cheers1]

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Could be on their end. (Re: Webcam Uploads to WeatherUnderground)
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 11:13:27 PM »
Hi Irving, Randall and WeatherCat fans,

Like some of you, I am having a webcam FTP password problem with Wunderground.

It seems that Weather Underground is having sporadic problems with webcam images (and data uploads as well.)  You might just wait a day and see.  I've had my webcam uploads fail for several days in a row only for the problem to mysteriously disappear as quickly as it came.

Not too encouraging, but as Jimmy Durante once said: "Such are the conditions that prevail!"

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]