Author Topic: Hello from Mauritius  (Read 3127 times)

colinlsouthey

• Calm
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 UV with UV and Solar Radiation sensors. MacBook Pro
Hello from Mauritius
« on: January 03, 2013, 06:07:12 AM »
I installed my Davis Vantage Pro a few months ago but this is the first time that it is getting a real test with the effects of cyclone Nubile. Luckily the centre of the cyclone is some 300kms away.

jace

• Storm
    • DW9675
    • ISuffolk62
    • Yoxford weather site.
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2, with Mac USB Data Logger. 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook, with 8 GB 1033 MHz DDR3 Memory, running Mac OSX Version 10.10.1 (Yosimite).
Re: Hello from Mauritius
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 08:33:12 AM »
Hello and welcome to the WeatherCat forum from Yoxford, in Suffolk.

If you need any assistance with taking weather readings in Mauritius, I'm available for the next few years.  [sweat]

John

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 02:54:08 PM »
Welcome to the WeatherCat forum!

It must be boring having nice weather all the time. I'll happily send you some of our 10˚F. ;)

I'm glad you found us,
Steve
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Welcome! (Re: Hello from Mauritius)
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 07:42:40 PM »
Welcome! 

I installed my Davis Vantage Pro a few months ago but this is the first time that it is getting a real test with the effects of cyclone Nubile. Luckily the centre of the cyclone is some 300kms away.

Hope indeed your VP-2 copes with the cyclone without any problems and that your home does as well!

We've had some really wild weather caused by remnants of Pacific Typhoons, so I would expect you are getting a serious weather workout.  [thunder]

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

colinlsouthey

• Calm
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 UV with UV and Solar Radiation sensors. MacBook Pro
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 04:15:53 AM »
Thanks for all the welcomes. The cyclone Nubile has now passed with not much impact on Mauritius. A class 2 cyclone warning was issued but the maximum wind gust that I recorded was only 70 kph. The island Reunion, however was not as fortunate with winds in excess of 130kph.

Colin  [rainy]

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Tough on la Reunion (Re: Hello from Mauritius)
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 09:35:45 PM »
Hi Colin,

Thanks for all the welcomes. The cyclone Nubile has now passed with not much impact on Mauritius. A class 2 cyclone warning was issued but the maximum wind gust that I recorded was only 70 kph.

Glad the storm was not a significant problem for your location.

The island Reunion, however was not as fortunate with winds in excess of 130kph.

Yes, I understand second-hand from French news sources that this storm was very rough on la Reunion.  There were lots of power outages at last report.

Once more welcome to the WeatherCat community!!  [cat]

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]