Author Topic: Import Our Data From Wunderground?  (Read 2965 times)

nowait

• Strong Breeze
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Wireless (Heated) on a Snow Leopard Mac Mini
Import Our Data From Wunderground?
« on: December 24, 2012, 03:40:18 AM »
After searching through the forums for a hour or so...

I'd like to be able to export my years of data that I have uploading to underground.com.  This would enable me to recover all the weather data that I have uploaded over since 2004 with VWS and LWC.  This would greatly enhance the historical data for my graphs and tables.

I see the latest version of weathercat will export to CSV format but I don't see a way to import a CSV back in.

I'm open to other solutions and ideas also.

Thanks!

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
Re: Import Our Data From Wunderground?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 11:26:03 AM »
There has been some discussion on this (can't find the thread now) - it is on the todo list - maybe version 1.2 will be able to import from CSV.

dfw_pilot

• Gale
    • GW3252
    • KTNWILLI1
    • WX Page
  • Station Details: Davis Pro2 Plus
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 02:30:02 AM »
Using search didn't reveal much - any update to WU importing? I'll go line by line if I have to, but don't really want to have to.
A clear conscience is a great pillow.

TechnoMonkey

• Strong Breeze
    • EW9323
    • KTXARANS6
    • TechnoMonkeys Weather
  • Station Details: La Crosse WS-2315 / High Sierra Server / Mac Mini 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5/ 8GB Ram / OS 120GB SSD / Home Folder 500GB FireWire / DATA 8TB RAID 5 / 1TB TIME CAPSULE
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 01:39:31 AM »
After searching through the forums for a hour or so...

I'd like to be able to export my years of data that I have uploading to underground.com.  This would enable me to recover all the weather data that I have uploaded over since 2004 with VWS and LWC.  This would greatly enhance the historical data for my graphs and tables.

I see the latest version of weathercat will export to CSV format but I don't see a way to import a CSV back in.

I'm open to other solutions and ideas also.

Thanks!

You can import into your database through phpmyadmin.  Export your database as csv and paste your updates in place then import it back to your database.

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 04:30:42 PM »
Very low interest in this I'm afraid, thus whilst it is on the feature request list, its priority isn't high.

If it were to be implemented, as it's pretty much a one shot job, I'd probably do it in something like Python wrapped in a an app as a standalone tool. It isn't that difficult, just read each line of the export and generate the line of data WeatherCat would want and append it to each monthly file, but as I said, the priority isn't there at the moment.