Author Topic: Weird/Bad Rain Reaadings  (Read 2368 times)

jg

• Strong Breeze
Weird/Bad Rain Reaadings
« on: July 22, 2012, 12:42:53 AM »
Earlier this week we had epic storms come through Long Island, lightning took out my internet rain controller, lots of other weirdness.

LWC has a raw rain entry of 1.88 for the entire day after the storm.  There was 2.29 inches of rain confirmed by the Davis console.  When I got to the rain editor it has all the correct readings, but the statistics page is just whacked out:

This page is correct on Weekly/Monthly:
http://www.jgweather.info/RoslynWeather/index.html

But the stats here are wrong (note the last 7 days rain of 6.92 which is more than the entire month):
http://www.jgweather.info/RoslynWeather/wximprovedalmanac.html

Is there a way to delete an entire column of entries to correct the data in the Data Editor?  Any other thoughts?

jace

• Storm
    • DW9675
    • ISuffolk62
    • Yoxford weather site.
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2, with Mac USB Data Logger. 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook, with 8 GB 1033 MHz DDR3 Memory, running Mac OSX Version 10.10.1 (Yosimite).
Re: Weird/Bad Rain Reaadings
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 10:00:22 AM »
Hi jg

Couple of ways to edit raw data.

Daily Rain editor will let you enter a corrected total for the day. This may correct the statistics total as I've found that their rain values are taken from the Daily Rain channel in Data Editor/viewer which is not editable.

If in the Data editor/viewer you can click on the individual Raw data entry and correct it, but not the Daily Rain value.

Also you can edit the individual values using a text editor, Stu recommends Textwrangler which is free.

All the data is held in files located in :

/library/WeatherCatData/Location1/2012/

Each data file is named with the month - for example 6_WeatherCatData.cat is the data file for June.

Each line of the file looks like:
8425 t:062025 T:12.83 Ti:18.44 D:11.73 Pr:996.6779 W:0.00 Wd:333 Wc:12.83 Wg:0.00 Ph:0.00 P:4.00 H:93 Hi:57 S:28 U:0.0 T1:17.2 Lw1:15.0 Lw4:0.0 Sm1:0.0 St1:12.8 Lt1:12.8 Pm:4.80 Py:247.40 Ed:0.89 Em:13.72 Ey:169.16 C:"Heavy Clouds" V:4

The first number on the line is the minute of the month, the t: field is the day, hour and minute of the sample (24 hr). The P: field is the precipitation field you are interested in. Edit these values, save the file then delete the relevant .hrs file (this is a stats file that will be rebuilt when WeatherCat launches).

Make a copy of the data file before editing it just in case you make a mistake. Oh shut down WeatherCat first though, otherwise the fields revert back to the original saved value even as you edit .... (been there   :-\ )

It's a very tedious and time consuming way to edit, as you have to do each value individually......  :'(

I'd try the Daily Rain editor option first.

Hope this may help, I don't know of any other ways to edit the data files for the stats, sorry.

JC