General Category > New Member Introductions

Hey from Marysville Ohio

(1/2) > >>

andy0902:
I just wanted to say 'hey' to the forum. I have been using a Vantage Pro2 for about 6 months and after my upgrade to Mojave, Weatherlink totally conked out. I have tried multiple fixes suggested on the web, but nothing will get it to communicate with the station. I found WC and it seems to work well. I just cannot get all my archived weather data to come over. I started with a Weather Monitor 2 about 15 years ago and it finally gave out after a lightning strike. I have done a lot of scripting on that platform, but I have not tried any on WC or the new Vantage Pro2. I am looking forward to learning more here on the forum.

Thanks in advance for all your help!
 [cold1]

Blicj11:
Hi Andy!

Welcome to WeatherCat and thanks for making your first post. Some WeatherCatters have imported historical data from WeatherUnderground accounts into the WeatherCat database. Perhaps someone has also imported data from Weatherlink. Let's see what turns up here after a few of our historical data experts check in, but basically WC is set up to start maintaining historical data based on when you first install it. If you are able to import historical data from another source, that would be terrific, but many of us have just started over with WeatherCat data. But keep your fingers crossed; lots of users are smarter than me.

wurzelmac:
Hi Andy,

warm welcome!

Steve:
Hi Andy, and welcome to the WeatherCat forum.

I grew up west of you, just outside of Bellefontaine. My younger brother lives halfway between near Middleburg, and recently retired from the East Liberty Honda plant.

Marysville has *really* grown since I was a kid, from a sleepy town of 5000 people to today's 25,000

elagache:
Dear andy0902, Blick, Reinhard, Steve, and WeatherCat welcome wagon, . . .

--- Quote from: andy0902 on November 29, 2018, 02:49:55 AM ---I just wanted to say 'hey' to the forum.
--- End quote ---

By all means, welcome to the WeatherCat forum! 

--- Quote from: andy0902 on November 29, 2018, 02:49:55 AM --- I found WC and it seems to work well. I just cannot get all my archived weather data to come over.  . . . .

--- End quote ---

We haven't see any activity on importing data from WeatherLink for a while, but there is a WeatherCat user who wrote a converter App almost 2 years ago.  It was announced in this thread:

http://athena.trixology.com/index.php?topic=2405.msg23370#msg23370

Why don't you try sending a Private Message (PM) to Ken and see if he still have his App available and would be willing to email it to you.

Once more - welcome!  :)

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version