Weather > General Weather Discussion

Moods of the sky behind our weather instruments 2018-19.

(1/7) > >>

elagache:
Dear WeatherCat shutterbugs . . . .

Once more we have crossed another Autumnal Equinox which means it is time to start a new thread for photos capturing the sky around our weather instruments.  This morning offered a decent start to this activity:

The weather has turned very fall-like after a period of hot off-shore winds.  Indeed, there is some hope for rain next week coming from remnants of Eastern Pacific Hurricane Rosa.

Stay tuned! . . . . 

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Blicj11:
Well, the last three days have been answers to prayers here in much of the drought-stricken West. At our mountain home we have recorded 2.64 inches (6.71 cm) of precipitation. And this morning, we awoke to a pleasant surprise: 3 inches (7.62 cm) of snow. Now if I only had an electronic snow sensor like Reinhard...

elagache:
Dear Blick and WeatherCat drought sufferers,

--- Quote from: Blicj11 on October 05, 2018, 10:07:35 PM ---Well, the last three days have been answers to prayers here in much of the drought-stricken West. At our mountain home we have recorded 2.64 inches (6.71 cm) of precipitation. And this morning, we awoke to a pleasant surprise: 3 inches (7.62 cm) of snow. Now if I only had an electronic snow sensor like Reinhard...

--- End quote ---

Congratulations on all the precipitation!   [tup]  Thanks for the lovely pictures also!  Definitely a preview of Winter in your corner of the world!

elagache:
Dear WeatherCat observers of the seasons turning,

Northern California has been mostly under the control of high pressure ridges.  This has resulted in warm and dry conditions lasting longer than you would expect for being this late in October.  However, a storm to our North did bring in the marine layer enough to create this scene behind my anemometer this morning:

Alas, the overall pattern continues.  Warmer is more the norm than otherwise and no rain expected for at least two weeks.

Such are da' conditions that prevail . . . .

Cheers, Edouard

elagache:
Dear WeatherCat observers of the seasons turning,

Alas, the dry season is stubbornly refusing to end here in Northern California.  There is no chance of rain for at least two weeks.  However, storms to our North are spinning clouds into our area and produced this sort of fair weather scene:

I'm getting more than a little weary of this warm dry weather, but at least we can all enjoy a bit of "painted sunrises."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version