Author Topic: Mojave?? Remember!! You are askin' for it!  (Read 7793 times)

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: Mojave?? Remember!! You are askin' for it!
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2018, 05:17:22 PM »
For those of you using Sharx Security IP cameras and contemplating upgrading to Mojave, rest assured that they work fine, either addressing directly through Safari or with specific software such as SecuritySpy.

Good to know, Steve. Thanks for sharing.
Blick

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2018, 05:20:18 PM »
So. all I need to do is let my thumb heal (had surgery last week,  doing fine). and get my tailbone in order (might have a stress fracture,  ).  and we are going to be just fine.

Ouch. How about a little "take it easy?"
Blick

Weatheraardvark

• Gale
  • I hear tornado sirens, lets go climb on the roof
    • C0005
    • KIADESMI1
    • Des Moines Weather and Climate
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 Plus, Fars, Extra sensors
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2018, 05:44:17 PM »
So. all I need to do is let my thumb heal (had surgery last week,  doing fine). and get my tailbone in order (might have a stress fracture,  ).  and we are going to be just fine.

Ouch. How about a little "take it easy?"

at my age, I am going to take it anyway I can get it.

I did get this from Foscam:Sorry, the newest Safari blocks the camera?s plugin, please go to https://www.foscam.com/downloads/app_software.html download the VMS software to manage your cameras. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Stephen Lei
Customer Service Representative

Davis VP2 Plus; 24h  FARS; Extra Temp Humid sensor (2); Extra Temp Station (2);;Weatherlink IP;USB; MAC Ventura 13.3

; https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddablePage/show/8a7585dd06404bde81d5229b09f84ebb/summary

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Is your modem also an IP router? (Was: Mojave??)
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2018, 10:54:40 PM »
Dear Weatheraardvark and WeatherCat homeowners with more of a local area network than they imagined,

The bizarrness continues.  For some reason I got the idea to reboot my modem again.    All of the IP cameras came back online, checked with the modem and all the IP addresses are there as well. I can even get Directv.com to work again.   
. . . . .

Does your modem also act as an IP router that assigns IP addresses via DHCP?   If so it is possible that the router got hung up somehow and wasn't assigning IP addresses to your devices.  That is one way to produce the symptoms you were observing.  These IP routers are basically little computers in their own right so they can get hung up when something goofy happens that their firmware cannot handle.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Weatheraardvark

• Gale
  • I hear tornado sirens, lets go climb on the roof
    • C0005
    • KIADESMI1
    • Des Moines Weather and Climate
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 Plus, Fars, Extra sensors
Re: Is your modem also an IP router? (Was: Mojave??)
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2018, 11:12:59 PM »
Dear Weatheraardvark and WeatherCat homeowners with more of a local area network than they imagined,

The bizarrness continues.  For some reason I got the idea to reboot my modem again.    All of the IP cameras came back online, checked with the modem and all the IP addresses are there as well. I can even get Directv.com to work again.   
. . . . .

Does your modem also act as an IP router that assigns IP addresses via DHCP?   If so it is possible that the router got hung up somehow and wasn't assigning IP addresses to your devices.  That is one way to produce the symptoms you were observing.  These IP routers are basically little computers in their own right so they can get hung up when something goofy happens that their firmware cannot handle.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Yes,  the Modem has a router inside, and I do have an external switch for my Weatherlink IP (2). and some other things.     It is an zyzel q1000. .    takes now forever to reboot.   I have it on an USP, but. the thing doesn't automatically go find the DSL on an outage
Davis VP2 Plus; 24h  FARS; Extra Temp Humid sensor (2); Extra Temp Station (2);;Weatherlink IP;USB; MAC Ventura 13.3

; https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddablePage/show/8a7585dd06404bde81d5229b09f84ebb/summary

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2018, 04:27:00 PM »
It's been almost two months since Mojave macOS 10.14 was released and only one update. Don't know the exact update records of previous versions, but that seems respectful of a mature OS. Since the power was out for a short time last night, I might as well bite/bight/byte the bullet and upgrade the Mac mini (2014 model). [rolleyes2] I might even leave Amphetamine shut down. After the restart last night, I forgot to re-start Amp, but have not noticed any problems in the last ten hours.

Perhaps the reappearance of the Sun after four days of complete overcast and even a bit of snow(!) has let my euphoria overpower my paranoid attitude about installing Mojave too soon! [lol] As Alfred E. Newman said, "What?! Me worry?" [banghead]
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system