Weather > General Weather Discussion

Record setting weather in Nova Scotia

(1/2) > >>

bcurry:
Hi all,
We have now had over three straight weeks of days with a maximum temperature of 23 degrees celsius -- shattering the previous record set in 1876 according to Halifax records, which we have equalled -- as well as a 31-day run with a maximum temperature of over 21 degrees, which is the longest streak ever recorded. The high today has eclipsed the old record here by over a degree, and becomes the 4th day this month to break the record high - out of 7 days!
Add to this, that we have had 0.30 inches of rain since July 6th, and we can safely say it's desperately hot and dry here!

Weird, and warm and humid...

Bill

Blicj11:
Thanks for the update Bill. I feel your pain, and was a little surprised to hear about your record-setting run. Hopefully, it will run its course and get back to normal.

elagache:
Dear Bill, Blick, and WeatherCat climate observers,

--- Quote from: bcurry on August 07, 2018, 05:56:33 PM ---We have now had over three straight weeks of days with a maximum temperature of 23 degrees celsius -- shattering the previous record set in 1876 according to Halifax records, which we have equalled -- as well as a 31-day run with a maximum temperature of over 21 degrees, which is the longest streak ever recorded. The high today has eclipsed the old record here by over a degree, and becomes the 4th day this month to break the record high - out of 7 days!
Add to this, that we have had 0.30 inches of rain since July 6th, and we can safely say it's desperately hot and dry here!
--- End quote ---

We aren't getting a lot of reports from other WeatherCatters, but I suspect if they providing us with their local climate observations they would look similar.  The weather seems to have changed dramatically this summer.  It is tempting to blame it on climate change, but the change is so dramatic as to make that suspicious.  Back in the days before science, humanity would have no problems understanding this to be actions of an angry god!

Whatever the cause and wherever you live there is little we can do but bear it as best we can . . . .  [sweat2]

Oh well, . . . . Edouard

xairbusdriver:
Note to self: Don't visit Europe in July, again. [sweat2]
August is already out because that's when they vacation! [lol]

Weatheraardvark:
I saw on the local news,  the jet stream is stuck up in Canada - BC, etc.   The theory is the North polar ice is melted and the cold isn't there to produce the correct climate to move the dang thing.  Same here, we had 11 inches of rain in June and less than an inch is July and less than a half inch in August.  Temperatures are equally hot.

I suspect one could rationalize that this is better than the winter we will get eventuallly.  ;(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version