Author Topic: WeatherCatRCP Feature Request  (Read 2644 times)

David

• Gentle Breeze
    • EW8863
    • KMDGLENB25
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus
WeatherCatRCP Feature Request
« on: May 25, 2018, 07:10:17 PM »
GP (Grand Poobah),

When I open the app on a network that cannot access my previous WeatherCat RCP server, it takes 60 seconds before I can select a different server. This happens when I switch from a local network to a public network or vice versa.

I?d like to be able to change my server selection within moments of opening the app.

Would it be possible to add an option to select the WeatherCat RCP server upon app startup, before the app attempts to call/verify the previously connected server. This could be enabled as an option, so individuals who want to use it could turn it on, while others could leave it off.

Alternatively, the app could make calls to multiple servers and offer the detected server(s) to the user to choose from.

Another alternative would be to allow the user to choose their own timeout period for each of their servers.

Thank you for considering this!

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
  • Developer of WeatherCat for iOS, tvOS, and watchOS
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2, aspirated, solar radiation, uv, soil temp and moisture
Re: WeatherCatRCP Feature Request
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 04:39:21 AM »
GP (Grand Poobah),

When I open the app on a network that cannot access my previous WeatherCat RCP server, it takes 60 seconds before I can select a different server. This happens when I switch from a local network to a public network or vice versa.

I?d like to be able to change my server selection within moments of opening the app.

Would it be possible to add an option to select the WeatherCat RCP server upon app startup, before the app attempts to call/verify the previously connected server. This could be enabled as an option, so individuals who want to use it could turn it on, while others could leave it off.

Alternatively, the app could make calls to multiple servers and offer the detected server(s) to the user to choose from.

Another alternative would be to allow the user to choose their own timeout period for each of their servers.

Thank you for considering this!

8) WeatherCatRCP 1.1