Author Topic: WeatherCatRCP 1.1 (180619) for iOS Beta  (Read 6457 times)

David

• Gentle Breeze
    • EW8863
    • KMDGLENB25
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus
Re: WeatherCatRCP 1.1 (180619) for iOS Beta
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2018, 10:09:48 PM »
David,

I think I accidentally deleted your feature request (that's one way to deal with them, eh?  :))

INDEED! Hahaha

David

• Gentle Breeze
    • EW8863
    • KMDGLENB25
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2018, 01:55:18 AM »
HAZZAH! Hairpin NAT has solved my problem. Now that I configured a Hairpin NAT in my router, I can 1) Use my dynamic DNS server from my local network, 2) No longer need to switch my server back and forth from local host to my DDNS.

I wish I had known to do this sooner. It would have saved me so much trouble.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_address_translation#NAT_loopback

Bug #2: WC-RCP iOS Connects to ddns.net from local (on WiFi) network (This is the same network the WC-RCP server is on.), acknowledges the server from the Manage WeatherCat Servers page, but reports that it is not a WC-RCP server on Channels, Reports, and etc pages. This is not a high priority bug in my opinion, it's just a little misleading.

This is not a high priority bug in my opinion, it's just causes a little confusion at first.

The next time a "...is not a WeatherCat server" appears, tap the appropriate radio button for the server you are using. This will cause a retry which usually fixes the problem.

If you send me your URL in a message and I will attempt to reproduce the bug.

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
  • Developer of WeatherCat for iOS, tvOS, and watchOS
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2, aspirated, solar radiation, uv, soil temp and moisture
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2018, 06:39:47 PM »
HAZZAH! Hairpin NAT has solved my problem. Now that I configured a Hairpin NAT in my router, I can 1) Use my dynamic DNS server from my local network, 2) No longer need to switch my server back and forth from local host to my DDNS.

I wish I had known to do this sooner. It would have saved me so much trouble.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_address_translation#NAT_loopback

Bug #2: WC-RCP iOS Connects to ddns.net from local (on WiFi) network (This is the same network the WC-RCP server is on.), acknowledges the server from the Manage WeatherCat Servers page, but reports that it is not a WC-RCP server on Channels, Reports, and etc pages. This is not a high priority bug in my opinion, it's just a little misleading.

This is not a high priority bug in my opinion, it's just causes a little confusion at first.

The next time a "...is not a WeatherCat server" appears, tap the appropriate radio button for the server you are using. This will cause a retry which usually fixes the problem.

If you send me your URL in a message and I will attempt to reproduce the bug.

Good news! Kudos to you for sticking with it and finding the solution.