Author Topic: iOS Client unable to connect after weak WiFi  (Read 9683 times)

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: iOS Client unable to connect after weak WiFi
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2018, 07:45:46 PM »
My 2? for what it's worth, I think David's suggestion would be a major improvement if it is possible to implement. The few minutes waiting for a timeout seems like forever, even though it's not, and one has to keep fiddling with the iPhone to keep it from going to sleep whilst waiting for the timeout to occur.
Blick

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
  • Developer of WeatherCat for iOS, tvOS, and watchOS
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2, aspirated, solar radiation, uv, soil temp and moisture
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2018, 06:04:34 PM »
Following a successful connection to a RCP server (RCP_server_current), App polls and stores the device's current gateway IP address (gIP_sucess)
Upon open/wake from sleep, App polls the device's current gateway IP address (gIP_current) and compares gIP_current with gIP_sucess
If match
      connect to RCP_server_current.
else
      ask user for RCP server

I've spent some time looking into this and found some examples of how to get the router IP address in objective c. It's not pretty. I'll keep investigating.

David

• Gentle Breeze
    • EW8863
    • KMDGLENB25
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2018, 06:06:21 PM »
Greatly appreciated!