Author Topic: WeatherCatRCP 1.0 (180326) for iOS Beta  (Read 1982 times)

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
  • Developer of WeatherCat for iOS, tvOS, and watchOS
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2, aspirated, solar radiation, uv, soil temp and moisture
WeatherCatRCP 1.0 (180326) for iOS Beta
« on: March 26, 2018, 10:43:58 PM »
What's New in WeatherCatRCP 1.0 (180326)

- Behind-the-scenes localization clean-up

Do an update install. A clean install is not required.

What To Test

The localization clean-up may cause undesirable side effects. Please report any unusual or unexpected words and phrases. And, of course, any other weirdness or unexpected behavior.

This TestFlight release is free, but will expire on June 23.

Try This Release

To try this release, do the following steps:
1. Install WeatherCat 3 on your computer.
2. Send the following information to grand@poohbah.com
- Your first and last name
- Your username on this Forum
- The email address associated with your iPhone
- The model of your iPhone (SE, 5, 6, 6s, 6+, etc.)
3. Download TestFlight from the Apple App Store and install it on your iPhone.
You will receive a notification from TestFlight when the WeatherCatRCP Beta build is available.
The first notification may several days to arrive. Later notifications will occur immediately after each Beta release.
Each release notification will give the Forum Topic to be used for comments on the release. Please use that Topic for your comments of that release.

More information about the WeatherCatRCP Beta can be found at http://athena.trixology.com/index.php?topic=2690.0

Please use this thread for your feedback and comments.

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
A few puzzles (Re: WeatherCatRCP 1.0 (180326))
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 11:42:38 PM »
Dear Grand and WeatherCat iOS beta testers,

What's New in WeatherCatRCP 1.0 (180326)

Okay, I got this version on my phone after more struggle than I would have expected.  For the second time in as many updates, Test Flight hangs instead of updating WeatherCatRCP.  I had to reboot my phone to get it working.

When I finally got this version installed it had lost my local installation of WeatherCat 3.  I had to switch to Stu's engineering WeatherCat and switch back to get WeatherCatRCP to recognize my WeatherCat installation.

I made a quick tour of the features and everything looked okay to me on my iPhone 6.  There is just one oddity I'm mention even if this might be something that was resolved during the private beta phase and I simply have forgotten the outcome.  One of my synthetic channels is being displayed as an integer instead of a real value.  It is my "Diff from ave rainfall" which is well above normal for March.  Here is the value on WeatherCat 3:

However the same channel on WeatherCatRCP is displayed like this:

Any reason why this synthetic channel isn't displayed with decimal values?

Thanks for your hard work on this app.  [tup]  It is really neat!  8)

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: WeatherCatRCP 1.0 (180326) for iOS Beta
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 12:20:47 AM »
Updated through TestFlight. Installed with no problem. Didn't experience the issue reported by Edouard. Everything looks fine to me. iPhone 8+ running iOS 11.2.6.

Thanks Grand. And special thanks to Mrs. Grand for supporting your weather hobby for the rest of us.
Blick

PaSun

• Gentle Breeze
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2
Re: WeatherCatRCP 1.0 (180326) for iOS Beta
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 12:38:55 AM »
Updated to 1.0 (180326) without problems. All looks unchanged from the previous version on IOS and Watch.
~Paul