Author Topic: Is there a Handy-Man Certificate?  (Read 2201 times)

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
Is there a Handy-Man Certificate?
« on: September 14, 2016, 11:29:39 PM »
Below you can see some of my amazing skills when a disaster strikes the laundry room! I couldn't let the lady of house go without the indoor dryer! The poorly designed plastic handle has the two very small tabs that took 98% of the stress of opening the door! They both broke!!! [banghead]

When I was told the dryer was out-of-commission, I had to find a quick solution fro being assigned the duty of opening the door! [rockon] Here are some images to illustrate my genius!

High quality solid wood solution!

I'm happy to share my amazing engineering design details for a similar problem you may face.
You are most welcome! No attribution required. It's 'Open source'!

The ~$34 exact replacement!
I can only assume that there is some 24ct Gold under the plastic veneer?
The meager, under-designed tabs are noted. [banghead]
Contact me via the Contact page on my website if you're interested in some of these handles! Be sure to mention "Trixology" to get a 25% discount on the regular $84.32 (plus shipping and handling) price! [tup]
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

idunn

• Strong Breeze
  • name: idunn
    • icantono2
    • Magpie Hill
  • Station Details: WS1080, iMac 10.9.5, Canon Powershot A510 zoomed with gphoto2, located at 950m in Gross Switzerland, Webcam view SE to Alps on magpie-hill.com on WeatherCloud (MagpieHill) and Wunderground (ID icantono2)
Re: Is there a Handy-Man Certificate?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 09:37:05 AM »
Were your handyman, fixitman talents needed on your Airbus? 
Regards, Irving

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 03:16:12 PM »
Were your ... talents needed on your Airbus?
Only for takeoffs, it could very well handle the rest! The company often requested that we exercise those aircrafts capabilities since pilots would rather do it all themselves! I always suspected that the 'automation' system had an email function that would complain after too many human landings! [lol]
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 11:18:24 PM »
Nice work. I assume you earned your handy man certificate from the Shade Tree Mechanics and Hot Dog Emporium School of Higher Learning. My compliments to your professors.
Blick

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Clearly not a "car guy!" (Re: Is there a Handy-Man Certificate?)
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2016, 12:30:36 AM »
Dear X-Air, Irving, Blick, and WeatherCat tinkerers,

Is there a Handy-Man Certificate?

Yes, there is but it only comes from da' school of hard knocks!  [banghead]

When I was told the dryer was out-of-commission, I had to find a quick solution fro being assigned the duty of opening the door!

;) . . . . Well, I'll give you an A for effort, but alas you get an F from the engine bay fashion police . . . . . . .

Not enough Chrome!!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

P.S.  On the other hand, perhaps that isn't such a hot idea.  Having to polish a chrome handle everything time SWMBO has to do the laundry could end up being a real drag . . . . .