Author Topic: CWOP... or my browser?  (Read 1889 times)

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
CWOP... or my browser?
« on: May 25, 2015, 12:36:02 AM »
Don't think it's a browser; getting the same results in Chrome. [banghead]

A few weeks ago, I posted about the need to remove the "W" from my CWOP ID in order to get my data to appear. Today, while messin' about with adding weathercloud as a "partner" I found that CWOP was now reporting that "No data had been uploaded" from my station. [rolleyes2]

Since that was a totally new page, I simply edited the url by adding the "W" back in. Fine! There's my data, again. Why? I had complained to Win, some months ago that his template wasn't working. Of course, he kindly pointed out that the info was right there in the wsSettings.php; remove the "W"! I did, and it worked... back then.

I can only assume that I screwed up something (again)! I've emptied the Safari cache, even disabled them, but that is hard to prove. I also, as I said, started up a different browser, with totally different histories and cache(s), I wold assume. Oh well... I suppose I should just check the links every 63.8 hours...

Please feel free to visit the site and select the CWOP image in the "You find our weather info also at:" area (near the bottom of the page) or use the Side Bar menu->Other Stuff->Partnerships page, first few words of the CWOP description. BTW, I probably need to change that link to simply their About page, it's not exactly intuitive to click that link and end up seeing my data! [banghead]
Thanks! Getting ready for some storms around here! [heavyrain] [lightning]
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
Re: CWOP... or my browser?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 10:08:40 AM »
Looks as it should when I load it up here  :)

http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?call=CW9739&last=24 - this is my last 24 hours URL (and always has been).

However, my CWOP 'info' URL - http://weather.gladstonefamily.net/site/C9739 does not have the W and at the time of posting this, is not responding (this will be a CWOP issue). [Edit: 5 minutes later, it's now working].

So it depends on which 'page' you are linking to on their site as to whether you need the 'W' or not.

In your case, linking to the last 12 hours of data, you'll need the 'W'.

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
Re: CWOP... or my browser?
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 03:31:24 PM »
You are correct. The 'gladstonefamily' seems to be where the older historical data resides. It does not use the "W". The 'fundi.com' does use the "W". ...I think... I had changed the url in the .text file that the template uses to create "Partners" page. I'll review the texts/files one more time later this week.

Gotta run, out of town for a couple of days; taking some rain up to St. Louis, we've had more than enough down here. Of course, they'll just send down what they don't need in the Mississippi river! [banghead] Fortunately, the rain 'collector' doesn't actually store the rain for more than a few minutes! [lol]
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system