Author Topic: New member from Memphis, Tennessee area  (Read 3277 times)

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
New member from Memphis, Tennessee area
« on: March 02, 2015, 06:04:27 PM »
Found this site accidentally when I was searching for one of those rare problems on a Mac! ::) I've been thinking about having a 'weather station' for several years. Perhaps that 'arm chair' work would have shown some real results if I'd found this site earlier! The friendly attitude shown here is often difficult to find, hope it is always a top priority here. Perhaps it comes from the attitude of the WeatherCat developer?

Anyway, for those interested, I live near the tornado alley that seems to be widening every year! I moved to this area 40+ years ago after leaving the Air Force hoping to get hired by a very new 'fly by night' company. I'm retired now, thus the "x" in my screen name, the other part refers to the manufacturer of the last aircraft I flew (drove). My career also probably explains my fascination with weather; it can be a help or a problem, but it's always important to know which it will be before experiencing it! 8) Pilots hate surprises! :o

I'm a bit late with this introduction, been pestering several members about what I should buy and how it is all connected. It's been extremely enlightening and enjoyable picking the brains of some many people. I only hope I can someday be helpful to others! [tup]
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
Re: New member from Memphis, Tennessee area
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 07:06:58 PM »
Warm welcome, xairbusdriver!

Be careful about Blick and Herb - they want the best from you, probably your money!  ;D ;D ;D
BTW, here you can look at my (and others) setup: http://athena.trixology.com/index.php?topic=969.msg8522#msg8522

Cheers,
Reinhard
Reinhard

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 09:42:20 PM »
I've already been warned about one of those guys! :o And I think they've both also offered some help/answers... as long as I used my own money!!  8)
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 09:47:02 PM »
By all means welcome xairbusdriver!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 10:17:06 PM »
Hi Xairbusdriver
 Welcome to WeatherCat the best weather app for mac

Cheers  [cheers1]

LesCimes

• Strong Breeze
    • CW9832
    • KGAGRACE1
    • Weather Underground
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2 on a MacMini (2009) Mac OS 10.11.6
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 02:14:05 AM »
Great to have another southerner on board. Tornado alley! Risky. But if you are already living there you might as well catch the data on your station if a tornado comes through. Appreciate the introduction.

LesCimes, Augusta, Georgia, USA

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 04:47:35 AM »
On behalf of Herb and I, welcome to the forum and get ready to drop some cash. Preferably your own. 💰
Blick

Bull Winkus

• Storm
    • EW0095
    • KARHORSE2
    • WU for Horseshoe Bend, Arkansas
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless Vantage Pro 2, iMac 24"
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 08:56:12 PM »
I'll second that emotion! Welcome!

Getting a weather station only puts an ouch in your pocket during hardware acquisition. The daily fun after that is FREE!
 [sweat]  [rock]  [freeze]  [rock] [rainyluck]  [rock] [snow]
Herb