Author Topic: Weathercloud  (Read 35886 times)

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
Re: Weathercloud
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2014, 06:26:17 PM »
Thanks, I'll check the manual to clarify that - the code is now frozen for release.

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Weathercloud all "WeatherCatted" . . . (Re: Weathercloud)
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2014, 09:42:39 PM »
Howdy Stu and WeatherCat data upload junkies . . . .

Okay, I've purged my Weathercloud connection of that WeatherLink stuff and . . .  ;)  the air is so much fresher and food tastes so much better!! . . .  [biggrin]

All sarcasm aside,  everything working perfectly well!  [bounce]

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2014, 04:09:00 PM »
After I added my new device and deleted my old one, I am uploading data every 10 minutes but only current readings are showing. There is no historical information in the database. I contacted Weathercloud. They replied that they have shut down several features for the past few days to code in some performance improvements. They assured me the data is being properly stored and will appear in the database soon.
Blick

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2014, 04:14:56 PM »
Too late for some of us, but apparently, they are willing to change your link type for you, without you having to lose the data you uploaded using the Weatherlink type. I just received this email from Weathercloud:

Hello Blicj11,

If you know any other WeatherCat user willing to change his Link type, please tell him to contact us as we can change it without him having to create a new device.

Regards,

--
The Weathercloud team

If you haven't deleted your old device yet, contact them rather than do what I did.
Blick

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2014, 04:41:53 PM »
Hello Blick,
I done the change on Sat 8th - so it is too late for me.  :) I am not unhappy, I lost only a few days of data for this new service. WeatherCloud is in an early Beta I think (at the moment they are on Beta 3 V0.3.2.6), so many things can happen till they escape Beta mode. But thanks for letting us know the feedback from your request!
Cheers,
Reinhard
Reinhard

nowait

• Strong Breeze
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Wireless (Heated) on a Snow Leopard Mac Mini
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2014, 11:20:40 PM »
I emailed their support a couple of days ago and asked them to change mine.  Today, I got an email saying they changed my link type to WeatherCat.

Nice.

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2014, 04:01:37 PM »
Thanks, I just sent a request to have my device changed to WeatherCat.

Steve
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2014, 04:33:08 AM »
I'm now running the newly released WeatherCat Build 39. One item to note is that the Weathercloud tool does not retain your Weathercloud Key with this build. You have to re-enter your key and click start to resume uploads. This only applies the first time you start the new build. Subsequent reboots of the 'Cat function normally with Weathercloud uploads resuming automatically.
Blick

nowait

• Strong Breeze
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Wireless (Heated) on a Snow Leopard Mac Mini
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2014, 12:27:48 PM »
I did not see this problem when I upgraded.  I just unpacked the archive and pointed my "start at login" to the new version and rebooted.

NoWait

Felix

• Gale
  • Station Details: Davis VP-2 Plus, FARS, WeatherLink IP. Sharx cams.
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2014, 01:44:40 PM »
I did not see this problem when I upgraded.  I just unpacked the archive and pointed my "start at login" to the new version and rebooted.

NoWait

I don't recall having to re-enter the key either. I just "Quit" the Build 37 version and started Build 39. Other than taking a bit of time to do a database "Save," 39 started right up and I've had no problems other than the Version 2.xx DST issues highlighted in another thread.

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2014, 05:08:23 PM »
I've had no problems other than the Version 2.xx DST issues highlighted in another thread.

Please raise it as a bug in the bugs forum along with any screenshots you have  [tup]

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2014, 05:09:27 PM »
I'm now running the newly released WeatherCat Build 39. One item to note is that the Weathercloud tool does not retain your Weathercloud Key with this build. You have to re-enter your key and click start to resume uploads. This only applies the first time you start the new build. Subsequent reboots of the 'Cat function normally with Weathercloud uploads resuming automatically.

Was this on a clean install of the OS? If so, check your other passwords - the majority are stored in your login keychain, so if it's brand new, they won't be there.

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2014, 07:09:22 PM »
Was this on a clean install of the OS? If so, check your other passwords - the majority are stored in your login keychain, so if it's brand new, they won't be there.

No, it was on my wife's iMac after moving WeatherCat from my iMac until I can get it properly sorted after wiping the partition and reinstalling the OS clean. I know that Weathercloud was running after I moved WeatherCat. It ran for a couple of days before I upgraded to Build 39.
Blick

Felix

• Gale
  • Station Details: Davis VP-2 Plus, FARS, WeatherLink IP. Sharx cams.
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2014, 09:33:28 AM »
I've had no problems other than the Version 2.xx DST issues highlighted in another thread.

Please raise it as a bug in the bugs forum along with any screenshots you have  [tup]

I'm pretty sure you have it on your list of bugs to be squashed, Stu, at least you told me it was when I sent some notes and screen shots earlier during the development. I was just trying to get a feel for when the DST bug might make the way to the top of the list (http://athena.trixology.com/index.php?topic=1479.0) since some of the recent builds were squashing 'nits' and this is a bit more important for folks who use the data beyond hobby purposes. Anyway, as a memory jogger ref the shots below, according to the WC Data Viewer yesterday was a 25-hour day...it started at 2305 hours (actually the day prior) and ended at 2359 hours.

I'm not a programmer but I assume you internally use GMT time because once the date passes to the next GMT date, the data gets magically sorted out again. Unfortunately, that doesn't help folks several time zones away who use the data in real time.

And as I noted in the thread referenced above, this also affects the Query feature outputs...but not always and I haven't been able to sort out the common parameter.

I'll also move this over to the bug sub-forum per your request.

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
THW-Index
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2014, 03:20:49 PM »
Hello all,
a question about THW-Index: WeatherCloud shows this Index always as shown in the attached screenshot, but WeatherCat reports valid values in the Live Data section. Is it possible that this values were not uploaded to WeatherCloud? Thanks for any help in this one.
Cheers,
Reinhard
Reinhard