WeatherCat > Development Blog

Hello From Southern Scotland!

(1/2) > >>

WCDev:
Here we are somewhere in the south of Scotland - we've had a bit of a disaster in that the when we set up and fired up the water pump it was leaking very badly - indeed it managed to pump about two gallons into the under-bed area before I realised what was happening! Whipped it out and looked like the seal between the motor and pump body had gone. Couldn't do much about it so we survived the night on a bottle of water. Managed to get a new pump in Irvine (?106!!!) and now we're all sorted.

Weather is snow, temperature just above 0?C, wind gusting 20 to 30 MPH with a wind chill of circa -7 to 10?C - lovely :) Most of the region is suffering the same weather at the moment - various roads are closed. We'll be out later today looking about (got a big tow rope in the back of the car just in-case :) ).

Here's a picture from when we arrived - should be back in the office next week.

Happy camping!

jace:
You pick your time to go on holiday Stu !  [cold1]

Hope you didn't make too much noise celebrating to footie match last night  :'( :'(

JC

elagache:
Howdy Stu and WeatherCat "adventurers"  . . . . .

--- Quote from: WCDev on March 23, 2013, 11:26:26 AM ---Here we are somewhere in the south of Scotland - we've had a bit of a disaster in that the when we set up and fired up the water pump it was leaking very badly
--- End quote ---

;) Awe shucks Stu, you aren't supposed to report these sorts of problems   . . .   Isn't owning a caravan just bliss and happiness?  . . . . .

NOT!!

--- Quote from: WCDev on March 23, 2013, 11:26:26 AM ---Couldn't do much about it so we survived the night on a bottle of water. Managed to get a new pump in Irvine (?106!!!) and now we're all sorted.
--- End quote ---

Glad, you were able to recover so quickly and continue on your adventure!

--- Quote from: WCDev on March 23, 2013, 11:26:26 AM ---Weather is snow, temperature just above 0?C, wind gusting 20 to 30 MPH with a wind chill of circa -7 to 10?C - lovely :) Most of the region is suffering the same weather at the moment - various roads are closed. We'll be out later today looking about (got a big tow rope in the back of the car just in-case :) ).
--- End quote ---

;) Gosh Stu, how do you brave conditions like that without an air-conditioner!?!??   [lol2]

--- Quote from: WCDev on March 23, 2013, 11:26:26 AM ---should be back in the office next week.
--- End quote ---

If the roads are passable!!

We'll mind the store while you having  . . . . . . fun!!  [cold1]

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

jf-i2r:
hi

[freeze] [freeze] [freeze] too cold for me :)

i prefer  [sun2]

look today ; Stu there it'll warm up

cheers
jean frederic

WCDev:

--- Quote from: Jace on March 23, 2013, 01:35:51 PM ---You pick your time to go on holiday Stu !  [cold1]

Hope you didn't make too much noise celebrating to footie match last night  :'( :'(

JC

--- End quote ---
What is this 'footie' you speak of? :)

--- Quote from: elegache ---
--- Quote from: WCDev on March 23, 2013, 11:26:26 AM ---Weather is snow, temperature just above 0?C, wind gusting 20 to 30 MPH with a wind chill of circa -7 to 10?C - lovely :) Most of the region is suffering the same weather at the moment - various roads are closed. We'll be out later today looking about (got a big tow rope in the back of the car just in-case :) ).
--- End quote ---

;) Gosh Stu, how do you brave conditions like that without an air-conditioner!?!??   [lol2]

--- End quote ---

Interestingly, with the winds being so strong, we both have chapped lips - very little moisture in the air!

--- Quote from: jf-i2r on March 24, 2013, 07:21:48 AM ---hi

[freeze] [freeze] [freeze] too cold for me :)

i prefer  [sun2]

look today ; Stu there it'll warm up

cheers
jean frederic

--- End quote ---

We have nothing like that unfortunately :(

We have been driving over a lot of snow however - this was yesterday as we were trying to find a pub for lunch. About half way across with about a metre difference between the left and right wheels I had that horrible moment where I had to decide whether to stop and try to reverse out, or continue onwards and pray the car would stay upright. Luckily, it stayed upright and we got our lunch :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version