Author Topic: No weather day since Lion and WC v1  (Read 2502 times)

vicciconway@mac.com

• Gentle Breeze
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2 purchased 2004
No weather day since Lion and WC v1
« on: June 04, 2012, 08:45:09 PM »
Hi, so I recently installed Lion on my Mac *and* installed WeatherCat v1.

I've received no weather data now for 2 weeks - was away for most of that.

Ideas on why WC won't find my VantagePro 2 [thinks it's a wizard with bluetooth - but it's hooked up through USB].

Very, very frustrating.

Vicci

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Sure you have correct drivers? (Re: No weather day)
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 09:02:43 PM »
Dear Vicci and WeatherCat troubleshooters,

I've received no weather data now for 2 weeks - was away for most of that.

So sorry that you lost all that data.  However, I must confess I'm a little puzzled.  What made you believe that WeatherCat was working before you left?  When WeatherCat fails to connect to the station, it is reasonably obvious.

Ideas on why WC won't find my VantagePro 2 [thinks it's a wizard with bluetooth - but it's hooked up through USB].

Did you have this computer connected in the past to your weather station?  If you upgraded to Lion, did you update the USB drivers at the same time?  The older drivers don't work with the OS-X upgrade.  There is a WeatherCat Wiki article on how to obtain the latest drivers to use with Davis weather stations.  See if upgrading your drivers gets your Mac and weather station back on talking terms.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

vicciconway@mac.com

• Gentle Breeze
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2 purchased 2004
Re: No weather day since Lion and WC v1
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 09:44:14 PM »
Edouard, thank you!  I thought it would be the drivers - was the same situation back in the day on a PC.  So glad you had a link available.  All my data is safe as it was stored and now back online after installing and selecting again.  So glad to get this working again!

Vicci

jace

• Storm
    • DW9675
    • ISuffolk62
    • Yoxford weather site.
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2, with Mac USB Data Logger. 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook, with 8 GB 1033 MHz DDR3 Memory, running Mac OSX Version 10.10.1 (Yosimite).
Re: No weather day since Lion and WC v1
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 09:47:17 PM »

Ideas on why WC won't find my VantagePro 2 [thinks it's a wizard with bluetooth - but it's hooked up through USB
Vicci

Hi I found that by default Weathercat on first install goes to the first station in the listing of available stations, you will have to go into tools/configure station comms, there is a pull down menu in there that you can scroll through and select your station type.

After that, weather cat seems to have no problems finding the correct station type, even after computer reboots.

JC