Author Topic: New from Argentina  (Read 3347 times)

hrnieto

• Calm
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2
New from Argentina
« on: March 12, 2012, 05:29:02 PM »
Hello,
My name is Ricardo from Argentina, I'm using a Davis Vantage Pro 2. After many many hours trying to install Davis Weatherlink software ( unsuccessfully), I started looking for alternatives, yesterday installed LWC2 and here I'am with WeatherCat, installation was very smooth, it import previous data and is working very good.
Best Regards,
Ricardo

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
Re: New from Argentina
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 06:52:13 PM »
Welcome to the forums Ricardo and thanks for the installation report.

Cheers,
Stu.

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 07:38:19 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Ricardo, and to WeatherCat.

You've gone through what many of us have: trying WeatherLink, getting frustrated, and then finding a better alternative. You've landed at a good place here, with helpful friendly folks, and a developer actively participating in the discussions.

Glad you found us,
Steve
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Welcome and curious about your setup (Re: New from Argentina)
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 09:21:19 PM »
Hi Ricardo and WeatherCat fans,

Welcome to the community of WeatherCat users!  [tup]

My name is Ricardo from Argentina, I'm using a Davis Vantage Pro 2. After many many hours trying to install Davis Weatherlink software ( unsuccessfully), I started looking for alternatives, yesterday installed LWC2 and here I'am with WeatherCat, installation was very smooth, it import previous data and is working very good.

Can you tell us anything about why you decided to set up a weather station?  I'm always curious about why people want to have their own weather station.  If you feel up to it, we have a section on MacWeather.net where folks have shown how they installed their weather instruments: http://www.macweather.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=77.  Feel free to post a few pictures of your setup there if you like.

Thanks again for joining the WeatherCat forum!  [spin]

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

hrnieto

• Calm
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 09:37:46 PM »
Stu, Steve, Edouard,
Thanks for your welcome.
Regarding your question About why I decided to set up a weather station, I'm an airline pilot so understanding meteorological phenomenons is very important, but besides the professional side, I enjoy looking barometric trends, rainfall statistics and all the stuff that this computers display.
Also traveling abroad open an smartphone or a computer and see your house weather is really nice.
Best Regards,
Ricardo

jace

• Storm
    • DW9675
    • ISuffolk62
    • Yoxford weather site.
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2, with Mac USB Data Logger. 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook, with 8 GB 1033 MHz DDR3 Memory, running Mac OSX Version 10.10.1 (Yosimite).
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 02:31:36 PM »
Hi Richardo and welcome to the WeatherCat forum  [computer]

Cheers John