Author Topic: Evapotranspiration  (Read 5769 times)

jg

• Strong Breeze
Evapotranspiration
« on: August 02, 2012, 04:56:25 PM »
I've connected the Solar sensor to my Pro 2 and want to use it to help ascertain irrigation needs.

I'm using the Atkins templates; I got the solar dial but am having trouble figuring out the correct syntax for getting the daily and weekly evapotranspiration totals.  The page is here:

http://www.jgweather.info/StowWeather/index.html

Ideally I'd like to show the current evapotranspiration on the main view, then yesterday's, then this week and this month.

Any help would be appreciated.

tigers

• Gentle Breeze
Re: Evapotranspiration
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 02:24:32 AM »
I don't have those sensors here so I can't say these work, but do these tags get the data you're seeking?

Code: [Select]
STAT$DAILYET$
STAT$MONTHLYET$
STAT$YEARLYET$

If so, just insert these tags into the template as follows:

For example, the Yesterday panel would be:
Find the line that says
<div class="yestextremes" id="panel0">and insert the following, e.g. right after the Rain Yesterday line.
<p>STAT$DAILYET$</p>

and it should look like this:

<div class="yestextremes" id="panel0">
<p> High: STAT$TEMPERATURE:MAX:YESTERDAY$ TEMPUNITS$ at STAT$TEMPERATURE:MAX:YESTERDAY:TIME$</p>
<p> Low: STAT$TEMPERATURE:MIN:YESTERDAY$ TEMPUNITS$ at STAT$TEMPERATURE:MIN:YESTERDAY:TIME$</p>
<p> High Heat Index: STAT$HEATINDEX:MAX:YESTERDAY$ TEMPUNITS$ at STAT$HEATINDEX:MAX:YESTERDAY:TIME$</p>
<p> Low Windchill: STAT$WINDCHILL:MIN:YESTERDAY$ TEMPUNITS$ at STAT$WINDCHILL:MIN:YESTERDAY:TIME$</p>
<p> High Humidity: STAT$EXTHUMIDITY:MAX:YESTERDAY$ % at STAT$EXTHUMIDITY:MAX:YESTERDAY:TIME$</p>
<p> Low Humidity: STAT$EXTHUMIDITY:MIN:YESTERDAY$ % at STAT$EXTHUMIDITY:MIN:YESTERDAY:TIME$</p>
<p> High Dew Point: STAT$DEWPOINT:MAX:YESTERDAY$ TEMPUNITS$ at STAT$DEWPOINT:MAX:YESTERDAY:TIME$</p>
<p> Low Dew Point: STAT$DEWPOINT:MIN:YESTERDAY$ TEMPUNITS$ at STAT$DEWPOINT:MIN:YESTERDAY:TIME$</p>
<p> High Pressure: STAT$PRESSURE:MAX:YESTERDAY$ PRESSUREUNITS$ at STAT$PRESSURE:MAX:YESTERDAY:TIME$</p>
<p> High Windspeed: STAT$WINDSPEED:MAX:YESTERDAY$ WINDSPEEDUNITS$ at STAT$WINDSPEED:MAX:YESTERDAY:TIME$</p>
<p> Rain: STAT$RAIN:TOTAL:YESTERDAY$ RAINUNITS$</p>
<p>STAT$DAILYET$</p>
</div>

You can follow a similar procedure for the Monthly and Yearly panels as well.

jg

• Strong Breeze
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 05:02:57 PM »
When I use those commands like that I get syntax errors.

Also, if I use the Daily in Yesterday won't it give me today?  How can I get yesterday.  Anyway to get the last 7 days?

jg

• Strong Breeze
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 05:09:28 PM »
I was able to fix the Syntax with :CURRENT$ at the end of the tag.

Still curious as to how to get prior days/weeks readings.

jg

• Strong Breeze
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 11:09:47 PM »
Here's another weirdness, if you look at the page the Monthly ET is reporting the same reading as the DailyET and I checked the tag, it is pulling monthly.  It has been running for two days and yesterday was .03.  I checked the Data Editor and it shows .03 for yesterday.  Annual ET is off as well.

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 11:25:28 PM »
I'm not sure I ca help, as I don't display ET data other than the previously linked graphs. They show the daily, monthly, and annual ET.

I keep the spreadsheet of ET data generated by Edouard's ET AppleScript.

Steve
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Stu should be back this weekend (Re: Evapotranspiration)
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2012, 12:56:25 AM »
Hi JG and WeatherCat fans,  [cat]

Here's another weirdness, if you look at the page the Monthly ET is reporting the same reading as the DailyET and I checked the tag, it is pulling monthly.  It has been running for two days and yesterday was .03.  I checked the Data Editor and it shows .03 for yesterday.  Annual ET is off as well.

Sorry that you have been having problems with the ET tags.  Unfortunately, I don't use these tags either because I use my WC ET Reporter AppleScript's tags instead.

However, Stu should be back home from his vacation sometime this weekend.  So hopefully he can figure out what's amiss.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

jg

• Strong Breeze
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2012, 03:12:09 AM »
Are those ET scripts available to download?

jg

• Strong Breeze
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2012, 11:48:16 AM »
Today the Historical/Monthly is correct (we'll see if it updates throughout the day).

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2012, 01:28:38 PM »
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
AppleScripts rough and ready (Re: Evapotranspiration)
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2012, 07:40:33 PM »
Dear JG, Steve, and WeatherCat fans,  [cat]

Are those ET scripts available to download?

Thanks Steve for giving the pointer to the download.

As you will see immediately, these are AppleScripts and not polished applications.  However, you install them according to the instructions, they are very robust and reliable.  A number of us have been using them for months without problems.

Certainly let me know if you have any problems with them.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2012, 04:59:05 PM »
Hi JG,
Currently it isn't possible to perform STAT$ type queries with extra channels, just the current value (CURRENT$) - more details on the tags page:
http://live.trixology.com/custom/ (scroll down to 'Individual Stats').

This feature is planned for in a future release.

Hope this helps,
Stu.

jg

• Strong Breeze
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2012, 05:00:05 PM »
Hi JG,
Currently it isn't possible to perform STAT$ type queries with extra channels, just the current value (CURRENT$) - more details on the tags page:
http://live.trixology.com/custom/ (scroll down to 'Individual Stats').

This feature is planned for in a future release.

Hope this helps,
Stu.
Thanks.