Author Topic: iPhone version 1.1 Update  (Read 10904 times)

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
  • Developer of WeatherCat for iOS, tvOS, and watchOS
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2, aspirated, solar radiation, uv, soil temp and moisture
iPhone version 1.1 Update
« on: May 22, 2012, 06:38:30 PM »
WeatherCat iOS Client App 1.1 is now in the iTunes App Store. If you have 1.0 installed on your iOS device, it will ask if you want to update the next time you sync. An update to 1.1 is recommended. Here is a summary of the changes in 1.1:

It is now localized for the French language - Merci mille fois! to Barzi for doing the translation.
You can select the polling interval.
You can select whether or not to show the (replies/queries) in the status line.
The WeatherCat server is polled every time you wake the App to give you the latest data.
The Local/Internet connection is refreshed every time you return from Settings to verify that it's still active.
Tick marks are displayed for min and max external temperature, max hourly precipitation, and max wind speed.
The client will gracefully recover from valid URL's that lead to invalid servers.

If you edited the 1.0 display (hide or move any measurements), you will notice that the display is reset to it's default configuration after the update. A future release will preserve your edits.

--grand
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 08:47:04 PM by The Grand Poohbah »

JosBaz

• Strong Breeze
    • INBRSON2
    • Weatherstation Son en Breugel, The Netherlands
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Wireless, WeatherCat on Mac OS X 10.13.6
Re: Version 1.1 Update
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 09:53:12 PM »
Installed and running - thanks Poohbah!

I like the tick marks for Min/Max but is there a way to see what the values Min/Max actual were (there is no scale). Maybe this is a feature request?  :)  E.g. pressing the icon left of the scale pops a window with min/max values?

Cheers,

Jos

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Working fine in local mode (Re: Version 1.1 Update)
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 09:53:45 PM »
Dear Grand and Weather "kitten" fans,  [cat]

WeatherCat iOS Client App 1.1 is now in the iTunes App Store.

da' iOS Kitten 1.1 now installed and purrin' along on my iPhone.  I haven't set it up to work outside of the house yet, so can't speak for that.  The only thing I noticed was it did take quite a while to find the WeatherCat on our network the first time I ran it.  However, now it connects immediately . . . so a-okay now!  [bounce]

Thanks for all your hard work!!   [tup]

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

ColdnFrosty

• Strong Breeze
    • AS918
    • KNHSTRAT15
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2, iMac Pro, MacOS Ventura 13.5.1, WC 3.2.0 (364)
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 03:58:06 PM »
I updated to 1.1, but now I receive a message that my Internet URL is incorrect. However, it has not changed.

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
  • Developer of WeatherCat for iOS, tvOS, and watchOS
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2, aspirated, solar radiation, uv, soil temp and moisture
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 05:18:32 PM »
I updated to 1.1, but now I receive a message that my Internet URL is incorrect. However, it has not changed.

Hmm, a mystery. Tapping the Settings (the gears) and returning to the main WeatherCat screen should fix this. If not, re-enter your Internet URL. Try these. There is more we can do if they don't work.

What is your Internet URL? I'd like to verify it from here.

--grand

pbeaudet

• Strong Breeze
    • WD6FGE
    • KCABURNE1
    • Burney Weather
  • Station Details: Dedicated Mac Mini 2014, 2.5GHz 8 GB DRAM 12.6.5, Davis Vantage Pro2, Solar, UV, Soil & Leaf, and the wireless Remote Anemometer / SHARX SCNC3905 Camera /Bloomsky 2 with Storm / PurpleAir Air Quality Sensor
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2012, 01:33:08 AM »
It is working fine here. Thank you!   [cheer]

embayweather

• Strong Breeze
    • DW3656
    • lENGLAND128
    • Lancastrian Imaging
  • Station Details: Oregon WM928, Intel Mac 2.5Ghz, I5 Quad core, Met Office spec manual instruments, Cat, WD, 1-wire, Labjack, Lightning Radar
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2012, 01:23:42 PM »
Been running fine here for a few days now ever since I fixed my mistake on the computer. Really like this one. Clear, simple and above all USEFUL.

Thank you for all you work your Greatness.

Best wishes

Mike

dogear

• Gentle Breeze
    • Dilligaf Ranch
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 fan aspirated, UV and Solar, Mac Mini Dedicated, OS 10.6.8
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2012, 02:40:10 PM »
This update seems to have fixed the precip daily and hourly functions. Cheers

southwye

• Gentle Breeze
    • DW7665
    • IWALESMO2
    • South Monmouth Weather Station
  • Station Details: VP2/iMac 27"(mid 2011)/LWC 2.11/Logitech cam/CWOP- DW7665/Wunderground - iWALESMO2
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 05:47:38 PM »
v 1.1 (120510)

OSX 10.8.1

W'Cat v 1.02 Build 3

Excellent App and many thanks to The Grand Poobah

A grateful user from the UK.

Mike H