Author Topic: Happy WeatherCat Anniversary to Me  (Read 2518 times)

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Happy WeatherCat Anniversary to Me
« on: August 13, 2018, 04:15:37 PM »
Today marks the fifth year anniversary of my first installation of WeatherCat. Back then, it was version 1. Today I am a happy camper with version 3. I followed the forum for a few years before I actually bought the software. I could not be happier with the feature set. Well, I could, just a wee bit, but I am plenty happy with all the improvements and tweaks. Thank you fellow WeatherCatters for all your help (some especially - you know who you are), and thanks to Stu for the best Mac weather software there is!
 [computer]
Blick

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
Re: Happy WeatherCat Anniversary to Me
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 05:09:39 PM »
Only five years?! Your experience and helpful attitude is one of the reasons I joined this forum! I?m sure many others wil benefit in the next five! ThU5:-)

BTW, what time does the party start? [lol]
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

pbeaudet

• Strong Breeze
    • WD6FGE
    • KCABURNE1
    • Burney Weather
  • Station Details: Dedicated Mac Mini 2014, 2.5GHz 8 GB DRAM 12.6.5, Davis Vantage Pro2, Solar, UV, Soil & Leaf, and the wireless Remote Anemometer / SHARX SCNC3905 Camera /Bloomsky 2 with Storm / PurpleAir Air Quality Sensor
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 06:23:39 PM »
I thought you were always here.   [roll]

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 07:40:22 PM »
Happy Anniversary, Mr. Blick.

Nice to meet you here, hopefully we can celebrate your 10th, 15th, ... Anniversary also!  :D

[cheers1]
Reinhard

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 09:10:04 PM »
Cool! Seems like it has been longer. You were on the macweather.com forum, weren?t you?

I was thinking about you yesterday! I was watching the last stage of the Tour of Utah race, and they went right by your development on East Lake Creek Road. I looked for you along the side. :)
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Congratulations! (Re: Happy WeatherCat Anniversary to Me)
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2018, 10:35:59 PM »
Dear Blick, X-Air, Phillip, Reinhard, Steve, and WeatherCat faithful,

Today marks the fifth year anniversary of my first installation of WeatherCat.

Congratulations!   ThU5:-)

Back then, it was version 1. Today I am a happy camper with version 3. I followed the forum for a few years before I actually bought the software. I could not be happier with the feature set. Well, I could, just a wee bit, but I am plenty happy with all the improvements and tweaks.

I think we all are happy with all the goodies that Stu has provided for us, but we are always hoping for just a little more!

Thank you fellow WeatherCatters for all your help

And thank you for all the help in keeping this forum community vibrant!

thanks to Stu for the best Mac weather software there is!
 [computer]

By all means!!  Thanks Stu! You rock!  [rock]

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2018, 12:29:38 AM »
CONGRATULATIONS Blic
 I can say you have added great input to the forum and I continue that  I here alot more from you
your input is very important we can always count on you for that

cheers

[cheers1]

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2018, 12:04:40 AM »
Thanks guys. This forum rocks for two reasons:
  • The software
  • The users
Both are the best!
Blick

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2018, 12:07:51 AM »
I was thinking about you yesterday! I was watching the last stage of the Tour of Utah race, and they went right by your development on East Lake Creek Road. I looked for you along the side. :)

I have been on the road side plenty of times for the Tour of Utah, but this year I was with my sons and grandsons watching the Astros play a homestand against the Mariners in Houston (baseball for my friends in Europe and elsewhere).
Blick

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2018, 03:05:19 PM »
I have been on the road side plenty of times for the Tour of Utah, but this year I was with my sons and grandsons watching the Astros play a homestand against the Mariners in Houston (baseball for my friends in Europe and elsewhere).

I didn't know it was on TV until the last stage. They rode right through Heber City where we stayed when visiting you. Beautiful area that they rode through. Afterwards, I looked at property at Wolf Creek Ranches. Only $1.5 million for an empty lot. Sounds like a steal! There was a nice home available for just under $13 million. I guess I need to take another trip out there to take a look. ;)
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2018, 03:46:59 PM »
I didn't know it was on TV until the last stage. They rode right through Heber City where we stayed when visiting you. Beautiful area that they rode through. Afterwards, I looked at property at Wolf Creek Ranches. Only $1.5 million for an empty lot. Sounds like a steal! There was a nice home available for just under $13 million. I guess I need to take another trip out there to take a look. ;)

Wolf Creek Ranches is on the same mountain where we live; it is just further up the mountain. We are at 8300 feet, they are around 10,000. Where I live we use a PWS and WeatherCat. They have a live-in meteorologist who stays in the servants quarters.
Blick

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2018, 05:35:56 PM »
Sounds like any serious purchaser might need one of those 'caravans' full of cash... $13 million and don't even have enough oxygen to legally fly without an O2 mask! [banghead]
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2018, 01:52:37 PM »
Where I live we use a PWS and WeatherCat. They have a live-in meteorologist who stays in the servants quarters.

lol(1)
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA