Author Topic: US measures  (Read 2448 times)

Denver

• Gentle Breeze
    • EW3940
    • KCASCOTT13
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Vue, Data Logger, iMac 10.10.5, WeatherCat 1.23 Build 16
US measures
« on: October 26, 2013, 06:53:07 PM »
Hi.   I have just set up a Davis Vantage Vue weather station here in the US.   It is set to US measures, so I am wondering if WeatherCat will process, display and upload US measures from the Davis VV without any problems.   I thought I should ask, since this is UK software. Thanks. Denver

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: US measures
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 07:19:44 PM »
Hi Denver, and welcome to the WeatherCat forum. I am one of many, many US WeatherCat users and you have nothing to worry about. The only metric item you have to enter into WeatherCat settings is on your initial setup, you are required to enter your station's altitude in meters. Otherwise, you can select to use US measures for everything else. It is a a great piece of software and the best available for Mac users.
Blick

Denver

• Gentle Breeze
    • EW3940
    • KCASCOTT13
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Vue, Data Logger, iMac 10.10.5, WeatherCat 1.23 Build 16
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2013, 07:21:30 PM »
Blick, thank you.  That answers the question!  Denver

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2013, 07:32:51 PM »
Denver, I'm sure you are aware that WeatherCat is available for a free trial. Take it for a spin. I did, and was hooked. Other OS X options may produce better looking graphs, but WeatherCat is unsurpassed in what it can do with your weather data. And one of the coolest things you can do to make your data look better on the web is to use a template with WeatherCat to present current readings. Take a look at my weather page as one example (there are many others).

http://timberlakesutah.com/weather/

Good luck.

Blick