Weather > Weather Hardware/Measurement

Troubleshooting resources for Davis weather stations

<< < (5/5)

bcurry:
Hi all,
Thanks for the nod to the rainbow - I got a nice image of a full double rainbow a while back and thought it would make a neat background for the banner.
I did get some tips or hints from the WX folks - mainly that a Davis user in Florida on the coast near my parents (near Vero Beach) also has had to replace his H/T sensor a few times. The only thing we can figure is where we are right on the coast (as in my place overlooks the Gulf of Maine/Bay of Fundy), the sea spray/salt/constant fog and what have you may do a number on the sensor more quickly than some places.
Looking at the old unit I don't see a lot wrong - there is some green stuff (mould?) on the white plastic of the dome that covers the sensor, but I can't see anything on the actual screens. I suppose a good experiment might be to take the screen dome right off and re-install the H/T and see what that does (I assume the purpose is to keep the sensor from gunking up directly), and I can also clean the screens as one person here described and try re-installing.
I'm thinking, though, that since the new unit seems to be working great, I'll leave well enough alone, but have the old unit for a spare should another issue arise. I think I will clean the dome and screens and then it'll be good and dry in three years...LOL

Cheers,
Bill

elagache:
Dear Bill and WeatherCat station caregivers,

--- Quote from: bcurry on May 24, 2017, 06:57:36 PM ---I did get some tips or hints from the WX folks - mainly that a Davis user in Florida on the coast near my parents (near Vero Beach) also has had to replace his H/T sensor a few times. The only thing we can figure is where we are right on the coast (as in my place overlooks the Gulf of Maine/Bay of Fundy), the sea spray/salt/constant fog and what have you may do a number on the sensor more quickly than some places.
--- End quote ---

That's a plausible explanation since nothing else has been observed.

--- Quote from: bcurry on May 24, 2017, 06:57:36 PM ---I'm thinking, though, that since the new unit seems to be working great, I'll leave well enough alone, but have the old unit for a spare should another issue arise. I think I will clean the dome and screens and then it'll be good and dry in three years...LOL
--- End quote ---

Sounds like a plan!

Cheers, Edouard

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version