Author Topic: Apple Script Rain controller  (Read 3437 times)

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
Apple Script Rain controller
« on: March 13, 2015, 07:59:27 PM »
Hi Edouard
 Can't you come up with an Apple Script to move all this rain from the Eastern United States to California? [lol2]
 And then get Stu to implement it so we can start controlling this weather. [lol2]

Just need the rain to go away [banghead]  And need about a month of this  [sun2] 

CHEERS [cheers1]

Bull Winkus

• Storm
    • EW0095
    • KARHORSE2
    • WU for Horseshoe Bend, Arkansas
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless Vantage Pro 2, iMac 24"
Re: Apple Script Rain controller
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 08:40:08 PM »
Same here, Randall? It's wet outside! Everywhere you walk you're wading water. And I live on a hillside!

[rainyluck]

Herb

Randall75

• Storm
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 09:32:44 PM »
Hi Herb
 You live close to Mountain Home, Arkansas don't you?
I live on one of the highest hills in my county

Cheers  [cheers1]

Bull Winkus

• Storm
    • EW0095
    • KARHORSE2
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 09:46:22 PM »
You live close to Mountain Home, Arkansas don't you?

Horseshoe Bend is about 60 miles ESE of Mountain Home.

I live on one of the highest hills in my county

Is that southern Ohio where the hills are taller?
Herb

Randall75

• Storm
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 09:51:57 PM »
Hi Herb

Is that southern Ohio where the hills are taller?

I live in central Ohio but I live where the appalachian mountains start and head east

cheers [cheers1]   

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
*Sniff* sure wish I could! (Re: Apple Script Rain controller)
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 10:24:46 PM »
Dear Randall, Herb, and WeatherCat weather engineering wannabees . . . .

Can't you come up with an Apple Script to move all this rain from the Eastern United States to California? [lol2]

*Sniff*, . . .  I sure wish I could!

I was thinking about asking Stu to consider a feature that would allow us to select which forecast model predication would actually come true.  As usual, next week I can take my pick: the European model is bring a substantial rainstorm, the American model leaves us high and dry, the Canadian model is . . . in between. . . . .  [rolleyes2]

A few nights ago we saw a documentary that suggested there was some weather engineering going on in Australia a few years ago.  There is an older claim that there is a microwave test station in Alaska that can actually steer storms by heating strategic parts of the upper atmosphere.  Honestly the weather in California has been so strange that I cannot help but be suspicious.  In December we had almost 20 days of continuous rain.  January through mid-February nothing.  Then in mid February we had a powerful pair of storms that once more caused flooding and mudslides.  After that, the most rain we have gotten in 6 weeks is 0.03" two days ago.  It is enough to get me to reconsider all those conspiracy theories!!  :o

Oh well, . . . . . . .

Edouard

P.S. It isn't like I'm having that much luck with my AppleScripts anyway.  I had the perfect opportunity to test the fixes to WC Status Growler during my engineered station outage. Darn AppleScript - still - isn't generating Growl notifications for sensor errors!     I double-checked the code, everything looks okay.  Oh well, back to the drawing board . . . .   >:(

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: *Sniff* sure wish I could! (Re: Apple Script Rain controller)
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2015, 12:40:15 AM »
the Canadian model is . . . in between. . . . .

The Canadian model is probably based on some kind of curling rules, so make sure you have a broom around somewhere.
Blick

Bull Winkus

• Storm
    • EW0095
    • KARHORSE2
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2015, 05:07:33 AM »
Lol! That's funny Blick. ? And, no doubt, true.

Edouard, you can have all this you want.

Randall,

I forgot about the east side and the Appalachians. I'm only familiar with that route through Columbus called highway 23 that goes to Portsmouth. Travelled it many times during the 2000's.
Herb

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
It just ain't fair I tell'ya!!! (Re: Apple Script Rain controller)
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2015, 09:35:24 PM »
Dear Randall, Blick, Herb, and WeatherCat . . . . da' weather just ain't fair!!!   [banghead] . . . . . types.

Things are going from bad to worse here in California.  The forecast high was 77˚ F (25˚ C).  Look and this may not be the final high for today!

That's 27˚ C for your metric types.  The average high for Orinda in March is: 61˚ F (16˚ C.)  So this is darn right hot!  [sweat2]

Of course all the plants are going bananas since there is still some water left in the ground, but unless the rains return that won't last long.

Definitely looking awful for the drought these days . . . .

Oh well, . . . . Edouard