Author Topic: Springtime station maintenance reminder?  (Read 1330 times)

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Springtime station maintenance reminder?
« on: November 11, 2014, 10:02:19 PM »
Dear WeatherCat station caregivers,

I'm being victimized by another one of those putting things off until . . . . Oops!

The paint on my bracket supporting my anemometer didn't adhere very well for some reason.  So the paint started to peal after only 5 years - definitely a disappointment.  I've seen the pealing paint for months, but since it was the dry season, I didn't think much about station maintenance.  With all my instrument troubles, I hadn't looked very carefully at the brackets and now I find myself trying to repaint this anemometer bracket on a cold humid day and rain expected tomorrow night - hardly ideal painting conditions.

I decided to give myself a second station maintenance reminder on May 1st to give the brackets and other structure aspects of the station an inspection.  If you have to make those sorts of repairs, you should do them when the weather is most favorable.  Actual instrument clean up and maintenance can be done as usual in the autumn before they are going to be coping with harsher winter weather.

Just a thought that you'all might also want to consider . . . . .

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]