Author Topic: WeatherCatRCP 1.0 (180311) for iOS Beta  (Read 2512 times)

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
  • Developer of WeatherCat for iOS, tvOS, and watchOS
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2, aspirated, solar radiation, uv, soil temp and moisture
WeatherCatRCP 1.0 (180311) for iOS Beta
« on: March 11, 2018, 10:48:44 PM »
What's New in WeatherCatRCP 1.0 (180311)

- Add a description for the Auto-Refresh Reports option.
- More natural terms for Dial-A-Stat
- Preparation for localization
- German localization (Thank you Reinhard)
- Minor bug correction

English users do an update install. German users must do a clean install.

What To Test

The localization code changes may cause undesirable side effects for English. Please report any unusual or unexpected words and phrases.

Try This Release

To try this release, do the following steps:
1. Install WeatherCat 3 on your computer.
2. Send the following information to grand@poohbah.com
- Your first and last name
- Your username on this Forum
- The email address associated with your iPhone
- The model of your iPhone (SE, 5, 6, 6s, 6+, etc.)
3. Download TestFlight from the Apple App Store and install it on your iPhone.
You will receive a notification from TestFlight when the WeatherCatRCP Beta build is available.
The first notification may several days to arrive. Later notifications will occur immediately after each Beta release.
Each release notification will give the Forum Topic to be used for comments on the release. Please use that Topic for your comments of that release.

More information about the WeatherCatRCP Beta can be found at http://athena.trixology.com/index.php?topic=2690.0

Please use this thread for your feedback and comments.

PaSun

• Gentle Breeze
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2
Re: WeatherCatRCP 1.0 (180311) for iOS Beta
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 12:15:33 AM »
Hello Grand,

I?ve updated WC RCP Beta to 1.0 (180311) on iPhone X IOS ver 11.2.6 and original Apple Watch (ver 4.2.3). All looks fine with no language side effects. I don?t use Dial-A Stat often, but took a look and got a red warning across the top of the screen:  ?My Station is not a WeatherCat RCP server?. See attached screenshot. I checked  ?Settings: WeatherCat Servers? and other tabs without any issues. (see attached screenshot).

Comment:
When not connected to RCP locally, my longer reports (longest are 53 & 88 tags) take many seconds to (10+) to populate when reception is poor. Since the reports update bottom up, you must look carefully at the tag update counter to be sure all is good and data is updating. My long reports cover more than one screen and thus during the update it is not possible to scroll the screen up to see data populating the bottom of the screen. Because I include the more interesting data at the top of these reports, it would be very useful if RCP populated the reports top down rather than bottom up.

Lastly, a couple of my WC custom graphs don?t scale properly on the iPhone X. Although I know what?s going on regarding the text descriptions at the bottom of the graphs, others might have an issue. Maybe allow pinch to scale?

Regards,
Paul

WxOwl

• Gentle Breeze
    • W6DSP AT649
    • KINHUNTI6
    • W6DSP Home Page
  • Station Details: Davis VP2, 24hr fars, MacMini Server-OS10.13
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 02:21:53 AM »
I just installed this update and all looks good.  I also got the red server warning when first opened . I deselected then reselected LOCAL and the warning cleared and connected as expected. Looks to be fine on iPhone 6 and series 3 watch. Great job!

Regards,
David

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 06:16:30 AM »
Installed and working perfectly on iPhone 8+ and Series 2 Watch.
Blick

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Can't install at the moment (Re: WeatherCatRCP 1.0 (180311) for iOS Beta)
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 09:51:19 PM »
Dear Grand and WeatherCat iOS beta testers,

I tried to install this update, but the Apple servers aren't cooperating.  My day is suddenly getting very busy so I'll have table this time until tomorrow.

Cheers, Edouard

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Had to reboot . . . (Re: Can't install - WeatherCatRCP 1.0 (180311))
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 11:21:53 PM »
Dear Grand and WeatherCat iOS beta testers,

I tried to install this update, but the Apple servers aren't cooperating. 

Well, I tried again today and instead got some other failure.  In frustration I rebooted my iPhone and WeatherCatRCP installed immediately after that.  *Sigh*, iOS sure isn't anywhere as bullet-proof as UNIX used to be.

That being said, I went through the program and everything looked fine to me on my iPhone 6.

Thanks for all the hard work Grand!  [tup]

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
  • Developer of WeatherCat for iOS, tvOS, and watchOS
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2, aspirated, solar radiation, uv, soil temp and moisture
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2018, 09:28:09 PM »
Hello Grand,

I?ve updated WC RCP Beta to 1.0 (180311) on iPhone X IOS ver 11.2.6 and original Apple Watch (ver 4.2.3). All looks fine with no language side effects. I don?t use Dial-A Stat often, but took a look and got a red warning across the top of the screen:  ?My Station is not a WeatherCat RCP server?. See attached screenshot. I checked  ?Settings: WeatherCat Servers? and other tabs without any issues. (see attached screenshot).

Comment:
When not connected to RCP locally, my longer reports (longest are 53 & 88 tags) take many seconds to (10+) to populate when reception is poor. Since the reports update bottom up, you must look carefully at the tag update counter to be sure all is good and data is updating. My long reports cover more than one screen and thus during the update it is not possible to scroll the screen up to see data populating the bottom of the screen. Because I include the more interesting data at the top of these reports, it would be very useful if RCP populated the reports top down rather than bottom up.

Lastly, a couple of my WC custom graphs don?t scale properly on the iPhone X. Although I know what?s going on regarding the text descriptions at the bottom of the graphs, others might have an issue. Maybe allow pinch to scale?

Regards,
Paul

Paul,
I can reproduce the scaling issue on several different iPhone for your Temperature graph. The image is clipped before it is sent to the iPhone. Pinching would not help.
--grand