Author Topic: Hey from Marysville Ohio  (Read 3367 times)

andy0902

• Calm
    • FW4207
    • KOHMARYS62
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2, Macbook Pro, OSX 10.14
Hey from Marysville Ohio
« on: November 29, 2018, 02:49:55 AM »
I just wanted to say 'hey' to the forum. I have been using a Vantage Pro2 for about 6 months and after my upgrade to Mojave, Weatherlink totally conked out. I have tried multiple fixes suggested on the web, but nothing will get it to communicate with the station. I found WC and it seems to work well. I just cannot get all my archived weather data to come over. I started with a Weather Monitor 2 about 15 years ago and it finally gave out after a lightning strike. I have done a lot of scripting on that platform, but I have not tried any on WC or the new Vantage Pro2. I am looking forward to learning more here on the forum.

Thanks in advance for all your help!
 [cold1]

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: Hey from Marysville Ohio
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 04:05:47 AM »
Hi Andy!

Welcome to WeatherCat and thanks for making your first post. Some WeatherCatters have imported historical data from WeatherUnderground accounts into the WeatherCat database. Perhaps someone has also imported data from Weatherlink. Let's see what turns up here after a few of our historical data experts check in, but basically WC is set up to start maintaining historical data based on when you first install it. If you are able to import historical data from another source, that would be terrific, but many of us have just started over with WeatherCat data. But keep your fingers crossed; lots of users are smarter than me.
Blick

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 06:38:27 AM »
Hi Andy,

warm welcome!
Reinhard

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2018, 09:37:40 PM »
Hi Andy, and welcome to the WeatherCat forum.

I grew up west of you, just outside of Bellefontaine. My younger brother lives halfway between near Middleburg, and recently retired from the East Liberty Honda plant.

Marysville has *really* grown since I was a kid, from a sleepy town of 5000 people to today's 25,000
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Welcome. (Re: Hey from Marysville Ohio)
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2018, 10:57:49 PM »
Dear andy0902, Blick, Reinhard, Steve, and WeatherCat welcome wagon, . . .

I just wanted to say 'hey' to the forum.

By all means, welcome to the WeatherCat forum! 

I found WC and it seems to work well. I just cannot get all my archived weather data to come over.  . . . .

We haven't see any activity on importing data from WeatherLink for a while, but there is a WeatherCat user who wrote a converter App almost 2 years ago.  It was announced in this thread:

http://athena.trixology.com/index.php?topic=2405.msg23370#msg23370

Why don't you try sending a Private Message (PM) to Ken and see if he still have his App available and would be willing to email it to you.

Once more - welcome!  :)

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2018, 12:27:06 AM »
Hi Andy
 Welcome to WeatherCat I live NE of Newark, Ohio been with WC and LWC (old name) since the beginning this now makes 3 of us from Ohio on WC I hope you enjoy it as much as I have

cheers

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2018, 04:36:33 PM »
Welcome AboaRd, Andy!
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

andy0902

• Calm
    • FW4207
    • KOHMARYS62
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2, Macbook Pro, OSX 10.14
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2018, 06:32:11 PM »
Thank you all so much for the kind replies. I genuinely appreciate it. Right now my thinking is that I am just going to start over with WC and forget the past. In the past, I would download the data logger data from my VERY old Weather Monitor 2 and use a bunch of applescripts I wrote to massage and manipulate the data into useful tables. It seems that WC can do all of this internally. I am having a lot of fun exploring all of the features.

Andy

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2018, 11:21:06 PM »
Hi Andy
 WeatherCat can do a lot and Stu is always adding great new features just ask the people on the forum they are more than willing to help if you need it

cheers

jennajon

• Gentle Breeze
    • FW2882
    • KMEGLENB7
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus With FARS, Solar and UV sensors, MAC 27 in. Retina, WeatherCat vers. 3.05 build 27
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2018, 03:50:00 PM »
Thank you all so much for the kind replies. I genuinely appreciate it. Right now my thinking is that I am just going to start over with WC and forget the past. In the past, I would download the data logger data from my VERY old Weather Monitor 2 and use a bunch of applescripts I wrote to massage and manipulate the data into useful tables. It seems that WC can do all of this internally. I am having a lot of fun exploring all of the features.

Andy

And i am as usual, late to the party....but in spite of that....WELCOME ABOARD, ANDY!!!

Greetings from frigid Ellsworth Maine, today's new annual low temperature record of 3F!!!  [freeze]