WeatherCat > WeatherCat Releases

WeatherCat Version 3.0.1 Now Available

(1/3) > >>

Administrator:
Hello folks,
WeatherCat V3.0.1 is now available.

This is a small update to fix an issue with high CPU usage that may happen on some installs if the webcam is not in use.

As always, WeatherCat V3.0.1 is available for immediate download from our WeatherCat page at: https://trixology.com/weathercat/

Alternatively, if you are running WeatherCat V3.0.0, you can wait for the update notification within WeatherCat. If you can't wait, you can hit the 'Check For Update...' menu item in the WeatherCat menu.

Updated Desktop Client
In addition, the desktop client has been updated to be a 64 bit application. You can find the updated desktop client in the WeatherCat miscellaneous files download, also available from the above web page or via this direct download link: https://trixology-eng.com/resources/downloads/WeatherCatMiscellaneousFiles.zip

elagache:
Thanks Stu for spoiling us with all the neat toys! . . .

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Blicj11:
I have both updates installed and am running WeatherCat on macOS 10.12.6.

Thanks for these updates Stu. Nice work.

elagache:
Dear WeatherCat "addicts," . . . .

Last night I quickly checked the "essential weather data" before going to bed:

It sure hasn't taken me long to become completely dependent on Custom Text Windows.  How did I live without them for so long?

Thanks Stu!   [bounce]  As always, you rock!   [rock]

elagache:
Dear WeatherCat faithful,

As mentioned elsewhere, I upgraded to High Sierra (macOS 10.13.6) this past Monday.  I have been pleased to see that High Sierra seems to manage memory a bit better than it predecessor.  Amazingly, WeatherCat itself is using quite a bit less memory than before.  Here is a graph with the before and after:

As you can see, over the previous weekend WeatherCat memory growth was quite rapid.  Monday afternoon into Tuesday I restarted WeatherCat a few times until I finally resolved the problem with my WC AppleScript Tags Processor script.  WeatherCat has been running now for almost 3 days and it is no where close to the 750 MB of RAM it was using over the weekend.

So those of you lagging behind as I was, perhaps it is indeed worth the trouble of upgrading to High Sierra after all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version