Author Topic: WeatherBug Backyard Stations Cloud Migration  (Read 2490 times)

parkernathan

• Gentle Breeze
    • WeatherTogether
WeatherBug Backyard Stations Cloud Migration
« on: February 26, 2014, 09:06:27 PM »
Hi everyone!
Just to inform the community that we will be migrating our Backyard Stations to our cloud hosting facility starting tomorrow morning. There will be a little bit of downtime while the database is being migrated and the switch happens. Please keep this in mind if you start seeing issues with your Backyard Station publishing data to us.
The great news is, after this migration, it will pave the way for us to do much more with Backyard Stations. It'll tighten the integration of Backyard Stations into our network, as well as give us much more bandwidth and performance to work with to ensure station publishing is much faster and more reliable.
Additionally, I have a set of random updates concerning Backyard Stations I'll be sending out before long in another message. More applications have gained support for us, users sending data to CWOP can now display their station data inside our iOS apps, and we've got a little widget on the way that'll allow you to embed your Backyard Station data into your website or profile page on here and have it link directly to your station. We've got some excellent momentum going, and I can't wait to share it all with you coming up.
Thanks again for your patience, and looking forward to bringing you an improved Backyard Station experience once we migrate to the cloud!
Nathan Parker
Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at: http://weathertogether.net

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Thanks for the update! (Re: WeatherBug Backyard Stations Cloud Migration)
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 09:35:34 PM »
Hi Nathan and WeatherCat fans,

Just to inform the community that we will be migrating our Backyard Stations to our cloud hosting facility starting tomorrow morning.

. . . . . .

Looking forward to bringing you an improved Backyard Station experience once we migrate to the cloud!

Thanks for the update!  Indeed looking forward to the upgrades!  [tup]

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

parkernathan

• Gentle Breeze
    • WeatherTogether
Re: WeatherBug Backyard Stations Cloud Migration
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 04:36:52 AM »
Our cloud migration was supposed to be resolved today, but I haven't gotten an all clear yet saying the issue was resolved. So Backyard Stations may still not be appearing at WeatherBug.com until I receive the all clear. We are working on this to get the cloud migration finalized ASAP. Just having to iron out a few kinks with the transition. Thanks for hanging in there and for your patience. It'll be well worth the transition efforts we've put into it.
Nathan Parker

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
We'll hold the course! (Re: WeatherBug Backyard Stations Cloud Migration)
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 09:40:50 PM »
Hi Nathan and WeatherCat and WeatherBug gang,

Thanks for the update.  I just made a quick check and my station is now visible at www.WeatherBug.com.  So it looks like you are making progress.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

parkernathan

• Gentle Breeze
    • WeatherTogether
Re: WeatherBug Backyard Stations Cloud Migration
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 06:53:02 PM »
Our Backyard Station migration to our cloud hosting facility has been completed. While there are a few minor things we need to optimize, everyone's Backyard Stations should now be successfully publishing data to the new cloud hosting facility, as well as should be appearing on WeatherBug.com, M.WeatherBug.com, WeatherBug 10 desktop, etc.
If anyone is still having issues seeing their station, please give your station another 24 hours from the time of this message to see if it'll appear. After the 24 hours, if you are not seeing your station appear and/or have any additional issues with your Backyard Station, please message me on the Backyard Community or send me a direct email at backyard@weatherbug.com so we can investigate your issue.
Thanks again for your patience. We look forward to delivering an improved Backyard Stations experience to our members with our new infrastructure in place.
Nathan Parker